Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, I have seen a good number of water bowl posts on here but having read a few comments am not really seeing a hard and fast cure for ours...........our boy is 4 months old and has a heavy ceramic water bowl in his crate while we are out but this gets turned over and spilt every time it goes in! We changed tact and purchased a stainless steel one that bolts to the side of the crate........only issue is the bowl itself comes out of the holder and so you guessed it he pops it out and spills this too! Does anyone have a hard and fast solution?? Thank you

·
Administrator
20,604 Posts
Labradors love water! I think most people who have owned a few Labradors have had at least one who gets her paws into the water bowl and scratched the water out, then laying on the wet ground. I had one who used to lay in the waterfall into my goldfish pond!

I suppose it all depends on how long you leave him for. I doubt I leave mine for much more than an hour during the day, so see no reason why water should be necessary. So I never have water in the crate. By the same token, I have never taken a drink to bed for myself so don't see that my dogs need to drink over night. :)

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I don't put water in my crates overnight, by the time they go to bed if they need a drink there's plenty of opportunity to have had one, but then I usually only crate mine if I'm working a night shift, otherwise they are free to go up and down and have access to water bowls on a couple of levels.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Nope, never water in crate. Even at shows when they’re in crates they try to swim in it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts