Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have made our own crate, but im worried i didnt go wide enough, oscar is going to be a big boy, he is 11 weeks and 10.2 kilos, he was the biggest of the litter and we dont over feed or treat, only tit bits when training and calcium stick most days, but im worried the crate should have been bigger, what is a good size for a crate that will last him till he is no longer using a crate, dont want to make another then have to change it again

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Well done for making your own crate :D , we usually recommend a 42" crate for a fully grown Lab, with the 42" being the length of the crate, this allows the dog to lie stretched out if it wants to.

CJ tend to scrape his vetbed into a pile and sleep curled up at the far end of his :roll:

As long as Oscar has room to stretch out and turn around comfortably I think your crate should be fine :)

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
I agree with Mary, a 42 inch crate should be fine. Just measured mine and the measurements are 42" long, 27.52" wide and 30.5" high. Well done for making your own crate,

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Thats right, I couldn`t measure CJ as I couldn`t find the tape measure, but his will be wider as its a 48" (didn`t know better when I bought it), to me though width isn`t as important as the length unless of course its too narrow for Oscar to get in and out of :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts