Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Just seeking some clarification before we press the buy now button 🙂 Our lab pup will join us in about 3 weeks time ( super excited ). We have a small crate which John suggests for the first few nights , but should we be buying 36" or 42" for the follow on?
Many thanks in advance

·
Administrator
20,911 Posts
I find a 36 inch will cover my bitches, but a 42 better for a dog. OK, to a certain extent you may be controlled by available space. My pups start off in my kitchen, which is not that big. I have a kitchen table with metal legs, so I simply remove the legs, put the crate where the table was then stand the table top on top of the crate. 😉

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I find a 36 inch will cover my bitches, but a 42 better for a dog. OK, to a certain extent you may be controlled by available space. My pups start off in my kitchen, which is not that big. I have a kitchen table with metal legs, so I simply remove the legs, put the crate where the table was then stand the table top on top of the crate. 😉
Thank you so much for that, very useful indeed. Also thanks for the heads up ref. where best to purchase said crate which I read in another thread - quite a big price difference! 😀👍 best wishes Alison H.A

·
Premium Member
8,866 Posts
Zooplus.co.uk has a good range of crates and very competitive prices. If you can afford it, and plan on using one for a long time, I’d highly recommend the brand Savic. I have one a breeder gave me 13 years ago when I transported a pup from the UK to the south of France, and it’s still going strong. I’ve gradually replaced all of mine to Savic, except my show crates which need to be lighter. You can buy replacement trays too.

Reactions: Mrs H.A
1 - 5 of 5 Posts