Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Dylan on the field this morning,only 2 other dogs there 1 friendly 1 not too bad, so i walked the other way caught something in the corner of my eye and saw it was a rhodesian,willow i thought then realised it was too big for willow i did'nt recognise the dog we have 3 on the estate and they all know Dylan but this one kept staring and by now everyone else had done a runner,i was terrified for poor Dyl and dragged him through the ploughed field next door and the stream to avoid this dog,eventually got Dyl home, threw him in the kitchen and grabbed his lead and went back on the field,Rhodesian was still there called him over a few times (praying as i did) but he just stared with his tail up,so decided to ring the police, they said ring the warden, i said i'm in the middle of a frozen field and i dont have the yellow pages handy.eventually the operator agreed to ring the warden after i explained it was sunday morning no school and kids would be out and about soon.dog decided he'd had enough giving me the eye and started off to-wards the railway track a few miles over the field, there have been a few dogs that have been killed on the line when they have gone wandering,i feel realy guilty that i couldnt catch him and if anything happens to him i will be gutted,i will ring the warden later but at least i tried my best.Lynne.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Lynne

This must have been upsetting for you but you did exactly the right thing and there's nothing else you could have done so (and I know it's easy for me to say) please don't feel too bad about this.

At least now the warden is aware and may find this doggie soon.

All the best,
Nicola.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have just been reading on the internet about a Rhodesian that escaped from it's owners in Sleaford, Lincolnshire and was spotted 2 weeks later in Norfolk/Cambridgeshire but I see you're from Cheshire so I don't reckon it has got that far yet!!

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tracey,no i reckon it's not the same one,been looking for this one to-day but no sign of it,maybe it knows it's way home but i still think a dog like that should not be roaming,anyway if the one in sleaford has any sense it wont come over here,give me lincs to live anytime and how is lovely Kings Lynn these days ?we spent 11 months on 617sqn at marham,loved it there.Lynne.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts