Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us are meeting up at Deerpark on Thursday 13th August at about 11:00. If anyone can make it, take the A38 to the Dobwalls roundabout and take the exit towards St Austel. Follow that road to Taphouse (there's a speed restriction) after the petrol station, turn left towards Polperro and Looe. Keep on that road until you see a turning on the left for Herrodsfoot (and Deerpark Forrest).

Hope to see you there.

p.s. there will be other makes of dog apart from labs :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great news. That's 3 of us from here and hopefully a mate with a lab and a golden retriever. I'm working on some others too :wink:

If anyone needs more directions, gimmie a shout.

Google Map Clicky . . .

Will probably arrange another one through the hols too as I know a couple of people can't make this one. Then of course there's the SW meet later on too :D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
******* well it'll be me and Theo, Goldie is much to old and staggery for long walks and excitable doggies! As far as SW goes, I did update the thread the other day to ask if Sat 5th September was ok for peeps - don't know if you saw it cos I am normally online at funny times of day...

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next time, I'm sure there'll be pleanty more in the area. As long as my two behave (the boys and the dogs so that should be my 4 really)

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blimey, I really should have updated this, sorry. Well, I hope the others enjoyed themselves as much as we did.

After a bit of a shakey start thanks to the dark destroyer (Shadow) trying to eat Theo and Jed (I'm really sorry about his behaviour) the 3 labs settled in for a good run round Deerpark. By the halfway mark, they were all looking like inverse dalmations with all the mud splashes on them and the Splodge monster was brown from the waist down. Liz's lad seemed to have fun in the puddles and my two came back as though they'd been swimming!

Sorry, no photo's, stupid here forgot the camera!

Here's to the next time.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Theo is great, stunning looking dog (Not that Jed isn't of course). Will have to get the boys together again soon though.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Thank You, I do think he is rather handsome but I am a tad biased :lol: Definately try to get them together again Theo loves the chance to have a good run with other dogs, hopefully the SW meet will come together and then there will be lots of labbies...

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keeping fingers crossed for that. I just hope Shadow behaves himself when that happens :oops: We're about almost every other day so if anyone fancies a meet up, do shout.

·
Registered
874 Posts
We enjoyed it all too - and should be up for the meet on 5th September if the weather is OK - son is not keen on walking in the rain, despite all his fussing about wanting to paddle!

Liz + Jed

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds about right Liz. My 2 don't like the idea but hey, they don't get much option, cruel dad that I am :wink:

I've got a big umbrella that you could both sing in the rain under if it helps?

Did Jed survive the experiance ok?

Just a thought now. Within the next week or so, I've got to make a trip over to Ivybridge (there's a gun over there I want :D ) Don't know if anyone would want a wander round that way? Or Plym Forest? Or somewhere else?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes Steve, but yours won't bawl the house down for hours!

Jed's fine - thoroughly enjoyed himself.

It was great fun trying to work out which dog was which, they are so alike in shape with only the size and collars to help us tell them apart at a distance - as you said after a while differences in accumulated dirt made it easier! Amazing how blacks just seem to shed mud somehow - he was really pretty clean by the time we got home.

My back doesn't like me walking with an umbrella - it unbalances me somehow and everything starts to hurt rather a lot - so I just have to get wet and put up with it.

As for another meet up - depends what day you are thinking of. I'm busy Wednesday, and OH is off the following week, so we'll be doing amusement parks etc.

Liz + Jed

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could always gaffer tape the brolly to a rucsac 8O

I'm hoping to get to Ivybridge on Friday, if I don't make it then, it'll be Tuesday next week.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Unfortunately I can't do Friday as I'm working at the stables all day... and Tuesday I have a funeral to go to :( so will have to give that meet a miss I'm afraid steve. Am still hoping the SW meet comes together tho so hopefully see you all then.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This may be a last minute catch up type thing. I'm going to Ivybridge on Friday but don't know what time yet . . . . .

There's two options, the easiest is for me to get out early and pick the gun up without the dogs or kids, the better option for a meetup is to leave a bit later with the dogs and kids. Will have to see what Rose thinks but will post a reply later.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts