Labradors Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt a bit of a cheat driving to the gorge today, as we'll usually walk there alongside the river, the round walk being about 45 mins total. But I didn't want Corbie's paw to get sore by walking on the rough track, and I knew the gorge would be muddy and soft for him.

So I drove the half mile and Corbie couldn't wait! He was so pleased to get on a proper walk again and have a good sniff.

The river was in full spate due to over 36 hours of continuous rainfall, so the waterfalls through the gorge were very impressive, if very noisy!

Hope you like the piccies.

Corbie watching the waterfall

C'mon Mum! Stop taking photos ! :lol:

The double-arched bridge which the road goes over, the gorge drops 80ft below

A very happy pup!

Here's a video if you want to get the full effect of the noise - excuse me shouting at Corbs a couple of times lol
<embed src="http://www.onetruemedia.com/share_view_player?p=9785682c01c71c7fc69d51" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="408" height="382" wmode="transparent" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" flashvars="&p=9785682c01c71c7fc69d51&skin_id=701&host=http://www.onetruemedia.com" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

?

·
0 Posts
Fantastic piccies and video.......Gosh that was so loud! :eek:

Corbie looks happy to be out and about too. :wink:

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Great pics as always Karen, I love the first head shot of Corbie, lovely light on it, I see he`s starting to go a little grey on his chin :D and boy was that noisy water, lovely though :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you :D

If I stand in the back garden I can hear the river, which is over the otherside of the road. Thankfully, we are far enough away and high enough up from it that it's no threat.

Mary - yes, he's got a few grey hairs there now :lol: bless him.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Look great Karen and Corbie certainly looks a happy pup!! Was thinking about you today hearing about all the awful rain up your way, looks like you made it out in the dry though!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Glad paw has healed enough for walkies :lol: ....just look at that water 8O you are so lucky to have that on your doorstep :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Is that Rumbling Bridge Karen? Trying to place where you were :wink:

There's a great waterfall up the back of the Boys School in Falkland estate if you're ever walking in those parts too. You can walk behind/underneath it and watch the water tumble over. Love it :D

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Moj said:
Is that Rumbling Bridge Karen? Trying to place where you were :wink:
Yes :wink:

[quote-"Moj"]There's a great waterfall up the back of the Boys School in Falkland estate if you're ever walking in those parts too. You can walk behind/underneath it and watch the water tumble over. Love it :D[/quote]

Yes, I've been there, it's lovely :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts