Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a gorgeous day today so Corbie and I drove to a hill called East Lomond in Fife for a walk.

It's ideal for Corbie as he can't go far yet, with the hill top being only a short distance from the car park. It took us 15 mins to get to the top, including Corbie's sniffing, which is a record for me as I'm usually puffing and panting my way up there :lol:

I had to share this photo as he looks so proud to have gotten to the top :wink:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Well done guys , I'm impressed. :D Especially as I've just tried to take Holly on short stroll around village. We gave up at end of road as she spent much of the time with her bottom firmly rooted to the floor!! :roll:

REgards
Shelley

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
What a beautiful part of the country for Corbie to tackle his first hill, well done . My 3 help me up the hills these days i knew they would come in handy for something. :wink:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Karen,

Corbie looks so chuffed! Bless his hairy paws!!!! (not cotton socks! lol)

Looks like you both had a really good walk, and the countryside looks stunning!

We've got the 'labs on their fav walks' up and running now btw. :wink:

Thanks for sharing Karen,

Take care

Julie

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what labs are for - pulling us up the hills :lol:

I've now added some of Corbie and his walks to that album :wink:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hi Karen

That picture is lovely! He's such a cutey! And the countryside there is just stunning - you are sooooo lucky! East Anglia is not known for it's hills!

All the best,
Nic
X

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nicola - He wouldn't have got up a hill so high if we were still on the south coast :lol:

Cristina - yes, although I think I'm the one that needs the training more, he had no problem getting up there, I had to stop to catch my breath a couple of time though :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good caption Vidhya!

I wish he was old enough to have come with us today - ended up trudging through heather which was over knee height... hard work, am shattered now - and Corbie will want his walkies soon 8O Still, should keep me fit :lol:

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hello Karen

Nice to see corbie is enjoying his walks.... Bless him.. :)

Lovely picture too, but remember not to over do things, remember those
bones and joints, hes still growing..... :p

Sorry, I dont mean to be a grunt or grouch but their are too many dogs with hip problems.. :)

Take care, and look after Corbie, I know it impossible to ignore all that bea.utiful scottish scenery.

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Colette - Corbie does love his walkies, the only thing that gets him in the car (although I have to lift him in!) :lol: I'm always careful not to overdo things at this stage, especially as he needs to grow up fit and healthy so he can join us on our long walks and tackle the high hills when he's a big boy :wink: . I still go out with my watch on to make sure he's within his daily time limit - I'm a typical worrying mother :lol:

But he does love the river here so he'll be in for a shock when all these new walks suddenly open up for him.

I bought a stake and leash set today (from [email protected]) so he could be in the front garden with us while we were gardening and I was digging holes for some shrubs and he finished off the hard work for me... knew his digging skills would come in handy :lol:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
lolz karen...diggin skills hehehehe....

somehow i just cannot keep the daily limit as i have to pull Frodo back home :( ....he overdoes & over exterts himself :( ...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts