Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
So are you Aston Arden or Oriel?

No I dont have a Copperwheat dog. But Your pup shares my Husbands and Mothers birthdays- thats what 'caught my Eye'- I do hope they dont share some of thos Virgoan foibles!!!

I personally prefer blacks, but may be getting a dark yellow bitch, if the mating is successful and produces one in October.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
I happen to have the breed record supplement for the period she was born Mrs Byron had 3 litters that quarter from three bitches=27 pups
The sire of the litter Barley came from must be a favourite dog as she has used him to sire a further 40 puppies since April 2005 with the Copperwheat affix. So there must be a few more out there.....

The litter that Barley comes from is registered as
Copperwheat Aston 'something',
in your case, the 2 yellow bitch pups Aston was followed by Arden and Oriel

thats why I was being nosey......
my husbands worst fault is being too perfect when working 'every line has to be straight'- my Mum is a close second :evil:

"Picky and critical - with attention to detail, industrious, methodical and efficient. Sense of duty and willingness to serve! Alan and Mum to a 'T'

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smittenk said:
Just wondering if anyone else has a Copperwheat lab!

Barley was born August 29th 2005 and was in a litter with 2 female yellows and 5 chocolates (male and female).
I have Aston Arden one of the yellow bithches.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooh yey JaneM,so exciting to hear from you! How is your pup?

Barley has been a fab dog...he has such a fantastic temperment. He is a bit of a nutter at times though too :lol:

We will be having a baby this year so he will be learning to adjust to being baby #2 for a bit but we are hoping to get another pup next year as he absolutely loves other dogs.

Hope all is well and you are enjoying life with your Copperwheat pup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Smittenk said:
Ooh yey JaneM,so exciting to hear from you! How is your pup?

Barley has been a fab dog...he has such a fantastic temperment. He is a bit of a nutter at times though too :lol:

We will be having a baby this year so he will be learning to adjust to being baby #2 for a bit but we are hoping to get another pup next year as he absolutely loves other dogs.

Hope all is well and you are enjoying life with your Copperwheat pup!
Gosh that was quick. I take it you have one of the chocolate pups?
Bracken too is a fab girl and also has a fabulous temperament, very soft and loving.
Walks are a lot of fun with water being an absolute favourite.
She is quite a small girl mind you and compared to other labs we meet she is positively tiny!
Anyway, good luck with your imminent arrival and great to hear from another person with a pup from the same litter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gosh that was quick. I take it you have one of the chocolate pups?
Bracken too is a fab girl and also has a fabulous temperament, very soft and loving.
Walks are a lot of fun with water being an absolute favourite.
She is quite a small girl mind you and compared to other labs we meet she is positively tiny!
Anyway, good luck with your imminent arrival and great to hear from another person with a pup from the same litter.
yep Barley is one of the chocolate boys! He is also smaller than other labs so maybe this is a Copperwheat trait. It's fun to hear that bracken loves the water...Barley is part fish too and has actually caught a duck in the past. Of course he had no idea what to do with it and just let it go, thank goodness! He find water wherever we go though so we have learned to always have dry towels in the back of the car!!

If you want to take a look, Barley's photo album is linked in my signature. They are all older pics..mostly puppy ones.

Take Care!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Cocoa is a Copperwheat Lab! (Kennel name Copperwheat Dolby)
His sire was Bon Bourbon Boy (Choc) and the dam was Copperwheat Creedle (Choc)
He has an absolutely fantastic temperament (although with a slightly stubborn streak at times) and he is pretty bright.
We are hoping to get another Copperwheat Lab later this year as a friend for Cocoa and to bring yet more mud into the house.....lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Labradoolally!

Barley and Cocoa have the same father from which they must have gotten the stubborn streak because Barley has it too! :wink:

Cocoa is a beautiful boy and he and Barley also have that same puppy face. Barley just inherited light eyes so he must have gotten that from his maternal side.

We also wanted to get another Copperwheat lab before we left Britain (we are moving to the States this Fall) but we were surprised and are expecting a baby this summer. We will be adding another pup Summer 08 now as Barley absolutely loves other dogs and would be so happy to have companion. Just trying to decide between a yellow lab or a golden retriever.

Thanks for your post...Very cool to hear about Barley's brothers and sisters out there!

·
Registered
149 Posts
HI We have a Copperwheat Lab called Denzel - born Aug 29 2005 - chocolate brown. Dad Bourborn Boots - Mother Tang. We believe he is the brother of Barley. He is an absolute delight . We collected from Copperwheat on the 23 October 2005. Unbelievable nature.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep Denzel is definitely Barley's brother Cheekyboy!! How cool! We picked Barley up on October 23rd as well. When we picked Barley up there were two chocolate males left...was Denzel the other boy pup that was left with Barley or is Denzel the pup who had a white patch on his neck (who was picked up before Barley)?

The great nature must be a Copperwheat trait because Barley is such a loveable dog as well!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Smittenk said:
The great nature must be a Copperwheat trait because Barley is such a loveable dog as well!
I think it must be a trait cos Cocoa has such an amazingly laid back temperament. He is also as previously quotec 'part fish!!' He is a big softy who loves company and cuddles!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep Labradoolally Barley loves company and cuddles too! In fact I think he must still think he is a tiny boy because he still loves lap time everyday! The laps have just had to get bigger and bigger, LOL! He loves nothing more than to lay in our laps and chew a toy.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What good news that we have found one of Denzels brothers. Denzel was the first to be picked up on the 23 October - he has a very fine line of white fur on his chest. Denzel is very lovable and submissive. He also loves company and thinks that all dogs are his friends!!!! He is an integral part of our family. He keeps us fit - as he has three walks a day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheekyboy Denzel sounds so much like Barley! We actually first took to your pup when we saw them at just days old...in fact I think we may have a few pictures of Denzel as a teensy pup!

Barley also thinks all dogs are his friends...he loves them. We are planning on getting another dog next year to join him...either a yellow lab or golden retriever. We think Barley would just love to have a brother!

He keeps us fit as well...my husband runs with him on weekends and I take him out during the week...in fact I attribute his energy to helping me keep my pregnancy weight down! :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi, we have just got back from taking Denzel to our local woods and he caught a fish in the lake!!! Better than a fisherman! LOL. It would be interesting to see what mischief Denzel and Barley would cause together!!

Are you planning on getting your other pup from Copperwheat aswell?

Last year we took Denzel to see Ken and we met Denzel's mum and dad again and couldn't believe how much he looked like Bourbon Boots, it was uncanny!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Another offspring of Boots here. Born 21st Aug 06 :D

Can tell Rolo and Barley are definitely related :wink: ...

For those of you who don't know the dogs Rolo is on the left and Barley is ont he right.

In some of your photos Alison, I would almost swear you had my dog!!!
Check out Rolo's album and see what you think of Barley and Denzel's half sister :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG Cheekyboy a fish?! WOW! I have always about that because Barley loves looking at fish. Barley has caught a duck once and he had no idea what to do with it and dropped it. Thankfully it was ok and just swam away. These silly pups we have! I can only imagine what Barley and Denzel would get into, LOL!! I think they would have an absolute blast! I would like to take Barley to see Ken this summer...they don't live very far away from us..that would be cool! Unfortunately we won't get another Copperwheat lab, although that would have been great. We are packing up in October and moving back to North America so Barley will be an international pup :wink: I am dreading putting him on the airplane but I think he will be ok.

Awwwww JillyM, Rolo is sooo adorable and totally looks like her half big brother! They are almost exactly 1 year apart. She is a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing the album..I loved seeing pics of her...definitely a few that could be Barley, wow!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts