Labradors Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We survived our first holiday with a puppy! It was only 2 nights, but we had so much fun. Cooper loved it and was so well behaved I couldn't believe it. We had lunch at a little cafe and I thought we'd have to leave after 10min, but he lied under the table the whole time while lots of people came to pet him... I was so proud. Granted he was probably dead tired from running at the beach, but still!

Here are a few pictures. We stayed at Laverstock Farm in the Herdwick Hut (see canopyandstars.co.uk if you are interested)

Are we there yet?

Our hut for the weekend - so cozy. We brought the crate with us, so Cooper slept right next to us

Morning walk

Our view for the weekend

Do I have something on my face?

Ninja dog, disappears when the sun goes down

Can we have our breakfast now?

Digging a whole at the beach

Cream tea with a puppy

Loving all the grass

Mama, that's a weird looking doggy

And exhausted and happy to be home (he literally fell asleep while playing with his Mr Moo)

He also got his first bath when we got home as he smelled a little bit after rolling around everywhere and getting all wet. He was very calm, but didn't seem to want to get in the water so just had his back legs in the bucket in and front legs out! He is now so soft and smelling of puppy again!

·
Registered
470 Posts
That accommodation looks fab - will have to go and have a look at the website. What a good boy - I remember taking my boy Finn to Wales when he was about 4.5 months old and he was so well behaved. On the beach he walked to heel most of the time whilst the hooligan 9 year old dog ran off to try and snaffle some poor picnickers sandwiches :oops:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Looks lovely. Glad you had a good time and Cooper was well behaved. He certainly looks like he enjoyed himself.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
That looks like a lovely place, and a lovely settled puppy

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I remember a few of you encouraged me to go a few weeks back and I'm sure glad I did!

@skysky69 - I wouldn't say he walked to heel, but he did come back when called, so that was a good start. The only time I had to go collect him is when he saw 2 older black labs playing on the beach... The lady with the 2 labs held him for me as I ran to get him a bit embarrassed! :oops:

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
It looks like a lovely holiday. He was very well behaved - isn't it a great feeling when they are?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That looks a lovely place to stay. Pleased Cooper was so well behaved, it makes you realise you are doing something right :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I have to admit that he has been less than well behaved since being back. Our first walk on the lead since being back felt like back to square one, which was a bit upsetting, but I guess the break in his routine made him forget some of his training! So I went home, cooked some bacon and tuna cake and this morning it seemed to come back to him... :roll:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Ours adore going hols in the campervan, most places are very dog friendly (we don't go back to the others! :wink: )

Hope little Cooper doesn't wait too long before his next hols (and you too of course) :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe I'm already looking at our next little adventure! Only dilemma is where to go! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts