Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have posted before about this so I’m sorry if I’m boring people. This is my gorgeous lady Luna, she is 22 weeks old. She was sold as a pure lab with no papers but everywhere I go the topic about breed always comes up and I’m being told she don’t look like a lab. Not a lab at all for that matter. Now I ain’t too bothered if she’s pure or not She’s mine!and she’s amazing. But what do you guys think? Do you think she is mixed? Iv added a few photos below. The ones of just her fur is her just after coming out of water ( I have heard a lot about that theory too that’s why I’m posting all I can ) x
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Comfort
Dog Working animal Carnivore Collar Fawn
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Wood Pet supply
Dog Dog breed Wood Carnivore Floor
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Pet supply Companion dog
Hair Leg Mongoose Meerkat Fawn
Glasses Vertebrate Plant Fawn Grass

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
The only way you can be sure of a 'pure' Labrador is if you buy from a breeder who registers pups with the kennel club and if you trust that breeder. If not then you will never really be certain of anything, that includes health testing not just pedigree. If it doesn't bother you whether she's 'pure' Labrador or not, then just enjoy her for the character she is. There are no ways of telling whether she's 'pure' or not, and if she is, and the breeder didn't bother to register pups then there are lots of reasons they either didn't bother or even couldn't. Some years ago now I used to be pretty much stalked by someone with a 'pure' bred Labrador dog, he wanted to eventually stand at stud, but he wasn't registered with the KC because the breeder couldn't register the litter. Back then you could register up to 8 litters from a bitch and this bitch had had more litters than that even, hence that pup not being registered but being sold as a pure bred Labrador. Ignore the myth about the wave down the back indicating they are a well bred Labrador, it's nothing more than an old wives tail. Lots of dogs have wavy fur down their back because it's just a bit longer, that's the only reason it's wavy, nothing to do with how the dog is bred.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks like a gorgeous lab to me.
I'd never think it was anything else, and I generally know about as much as the next normal person.

In the end; who cares? Luna looks lovely.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Looks like a pure bred Lab to me.

Reactions: JohnW
1 - 5 of 5 Posts