Labradors Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like any other ideas about why Riva's might be going the way it is! Three to Four months ago noticed that her coat on her flanks started to thin as if the undercoat was coming out, the skin has darkened, and there is a dinstinct line up both of her sides where the coat is doing the same. The same time that I noticed this started to happen, her diet was forcibley changed through no fault of my own! I used to get and feed fresh tripe, which she loved through my local arbourtroir (slaughter house) to some, which she has been fed on since she was apup, because of new E.U regulations you now need to have alicence, anyway lets get back to the problem at hand She is due to have a season any time, I have given her an insecticidal bath, she is on a herbal remedy of kelp seaweed tablets to try and encourage coat growth, and I am considering giving her some evening primrose capsules, she is other than with this problem, fine bags of energy, some days I have difficulty in keeping up with her. by the way my motto is try and treat the problem yourself before going to the vet. Will post any pictures of her if needed. Bye for now brighteye.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Brighteye

Sorry to hear of Riva's problem. As it started at the same time her diet changed it would seem logical to look at that as being a probable factor.

What are you feeding her on now? ... how old is she?

Cheers
Nigel

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry i forgot to mention that riva is 2years and 6 months old and for now i have found another scource of tripe for her but it is processed and minced but who cares at the moment. Thanks Nigel it was one of the things that had crossed my mind but i have not come across it before, in the 5 - 6 years that i have kept labbies for

1 - 3 of 3 Posts