Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've recently launched a new site to help people compare and find the best pet insurance (it's free & independent) would love to get your feedback on it if you have a few minutes to spare?

You can find it by clicking the banner in my signature :)

Thanks in advance!
Greg

·
Premium Member
21,240 Posts
What a great idea, we just added Molly to our existing policy as we couldn't find any site that compared pet insurance until now, so brilliant, thanks Greg :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
Trouble is I couldn't find any prices - is it just me? It's handy to know how much it'll cost too when making a comparison.

There's info on limits and excesses which is fair enough.

No mention of Animal Friends either and yet they give their profits to animal welfare which seems a worthwhile cause to me and swayed my choice to them.

Good luck with the venture though!

Patrick

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've just used this site, fantastic - gold lifelong cover with Debenhams, £7k per year, £10.18 for Wispa pup. I think that's superb, has anyone else used them?

Thanks Greg

·
Registered
318 Posts
I liked the site and would have found it very useful! The 'scrolling' Debenhams advert was across the top of the table so i couldn't see what the top line was - is that meant to be the case?

Also, no mention of Kennel Club or Greenbee insurers - both of whom I looked at because I wanted a lifelong policy.

It's a great site - I wish you every success with it :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
littlelab said:
What a great idea, we just added Molly to our existing policy as we couldn't find any site that compared pet insurance until now, so brilliant, thanks Greg :D
Thanks Natalie, really pleased you liked the site & found it useful! :D

Roczko said:
Trouble is I couldn't find any prices - is it just me? It's handy to know how much it'll cost too when making a comparison.
There's info on limits and excesses which is fair enough.

No mention of Animal Friends either and yet they give their profits to animal welfare which seems a worthwhile cause to me and swayed my choice to them.

Good luck with the venture though!

Patrick
Hi Patrick,

You're quite right, no prices included, I did want to include price information, and started to for the policies that told us their prices. The problem was it was always "from £xx" and that would be for the smaller dogs in the cheapest post code area. Then a number of insurers don't give any price information as they say their rates vary a great deal, dependent on a number of factors. So took the decision to leave the prices out, I think in a way it can be seen as a positive as it puts the decision on quality of policy over price, but I agree with what you've said.

Again similar issues with excess, but still decided to include 'excess from' to give some indication.

Looking to add Animal Friends along with a number of other insurers that are currently missing, so thanks for the mention on that.

Thanks for taking the time to view the site & post your feedback, appreciate that :)

KerryL said:
I've just used this site, fantastic - gold lifelong cover with Debenhams, £7k per year, £10.18 for Wispa pup. I think that's superb, has anyone else used them?

Thanks Greg
Thanks Kerry, really pleased you found a suitable policy and that you liked the site, thanks for letting me know.

Clarissa said:
I liked the site and would have found it very useful! The 'scrolling' Debenhams advert was across the top of the table so i couldn't see what the top line was - is that meant to be the case?

Also, no mention of Kennel Club or Greenbee insurers - both of whom I looked at because I wanted a lifelong policy.

It's a great site - I wish you every success with it :D
Hi Clarissa,

Thanks for your feedback, not sure why the Debenhams advert was blocking your view of the table, and no that's not meant to be the case, if possible could you PM me letting me know what internet browser you're using? Then I can try and locate the problem & get it fixed.

Looking to add Greenbee after seeing a mention of them in another thread, and will also look into Kennel Club, so thanks for that.

Thanks again everyone!!
Greg

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Greg, do you have any more info on how the defaqto rating is calculated please? Why for example are the direct line policies a 1 star?

Momentarily got all excited by debenhams rates mentioned above with Wispa at £10.....but then our quote came in at £24 (£100 excess) for Basil and £22 for Nellie....our postcode near London just stuffs it up :(

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Sarah,

To quote Defaqto themselves...
A Defaqto Star Rating reflects the quality of a financial product, helping you make better financial decisions. Each product is rated with 1 to 5 stars showing you the quality and the level of features and benefits offered by that product.

So it's not to say Direct Line is a bad policy, but when compared to other policies it doesn't have as many features/benefits as some of them do.

Have you tried Halifax, M&S & Pet Protect? They all have 4/5 star ratings from Defaqto too, fingers crossed you'll get a better quote :)

Hope that helps,
Greg

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
Hi, thanks for the info - pleased to hear it's based on features and benefits (thought it was some sort of cost benefit analysis )
I picked Direct line last month as a no frills,cheap and cheerful for emergency use only sort of thing cover.
I'm not too interested in some of the extras, like lost and found support etc that some companies offer, just really the vet care and liability cover.

I did check M&S and AXA at the time but for 2 dogs it just come in pretty pricey (c £70 a month) at which point I'm possibly better self insuring.

Great website you have :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No problems, and definitely not based on cost, they don't include this for the same reason that I don't, because it varies so much!

Thanks for your comment on the site, appreciate that :)
Greg

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to say if anyone here runs a pet related website and would like to exchange links with our site that would be great! Let me know :)

Thanks,
Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts