Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, quick question: What info are you all putting on the collar tag? I've seen the official KC recommendation (Dog Laws!) and I've also seen not to include home address.

What about the actual Tag itself, what are your favourite's and/or preferences?

Lastly, it's going to go onto this bundle of fun....(he loves my beanbag - only under supervision though, I can do without the aggro of himand the billion polystyrene balls)

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Red dingo tags for me. Charlie has black, and Millie has red.

I include the following:

Dogs name
Chipped
Post Code
Mobile Number

He's cute :D

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have the double sided tags from Pets at Home. On one side I have my name, first line of address and postcode and on the other side I have my home and mobile numbers and that they are microchipped.

Love the photo, he's scrummy and a picture of labrador innocence. :wink:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Awww, what a cutie!

We have
"I am microchipped"
First line of our address and postcode
Two contact telephone numbers

We didn't put either of their names on the tag in case they were stolen - wouldn't want anyone knowing their names! Although, I think if someone were to steal them, they'd be begging us to take them back within half an hour :D

·
Premium Member
3,748 Posts
Microchipped
Home phone number
Mobile phone number
Address and postcode

I use indigo tags which lie flat on collar as I haven't found the others to stay on very well.

Don't ever put your dogs name on as it makes it helpful to anyone who may decide to steal them.

I would also like to put on that my girls are spayed too but never enough room!

Chloe

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
I see no reason for not putting my address. I want my dog returned and the easier I make it the more chance of that happening. From the security angle I see no reason for it not being there. A dog living there does not mean I'm rich enough to burgle, And I dont see it as making it easier to steal my dog.

As to putting the dog's name on, why not? If a person is near enough to read the name then they have no reason to need to actually call the dog, it's already there! I'm betting I could teach a dog to answer to what ever name I pick in a morning so not knowing the name is no handicap!

My dogs have their name on one side and my name and address on the other.

Regards, John

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I too use Indigocollar tags after my Lab managed to get his dangly tag caught in the dishwasher tray, panicked and dragged it fully loaded out across the kitchen floor!

I have dog's name and my surname, full address, home and mobile number on the tags.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
mandyb said:
I too use Indigocollar tags after my Lab managed to get his dangly tag caught in the dishwasher tray, panicked and dragged it fully loaded out across the kitchen floor!
WOW - that is one STRONG dog!!

My Tatze doesn't wear her collar indoors.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Another one for indigo tags, 3 reasons the dangle keep getting attached to brambles etc. The script was "rubbed out" and the husband kept putting the lead on the wrong bit.

We have been very impressed with the collar and tag we ordered.

We have the first line of our address and postcode, home number and mobile number.

Gorgeous picture.

Mandy

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm another new fan of indigo tags that the collar threads through since I clipped Homers lead onto his tag by mistake in the dark and he managed to pull free.

We have his name, first line of address post code and both our mobile numbers. I realised too late that guidelines usually say your name not dog's name.

Homer would go to ANYONE who threw a ball for him or had treats!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those indigo tags look very good; I'll hold off getting one for now since Buddy wont stick with this collar for too much longer.

C

·
0 Posts
I have a red dingo tag for willow (well several, one for each collar) My parents dog Ruby has had one for 4 years and it is still in great condition.

Our dog club wont let us join/attend without

Dogs name (only optional bit)

Owners name
Door no
Postcode
Phone no

And regularly check collars for ID

Apparently it is a legal requirement for the owners name to be displayed.. KC citizen sceme state it as a requirment.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
To comply with the Control of Dogs Order 1992 you need to have on the tag:
Name of Owner
Address

It's recommended but not required to have a telephone number. If you don't have the owners name and address you can be fined up to £5,000, so worth getting right :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts