Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering how many of you leave your dogs collar on all the time? With my dog Ben I always take it off when we are at home and then put it back on when we go out for a walk. As he is growing I like to check that it still fits!
Although I will probably leave it off even when he is fully grown. :D

Cristina

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
max has his collar on during the day. as soon as he's had his dinner he will then come and plonk his paws on my lap for it to come off and for me to give his neck a good old rub and scratch :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mostly off in the house, and definitely off when they are home alone, ever since I met a lady whose Jack Russell had managed to hang himself by his collar while she was at work! :( It's probably unnecessary but I couldn't get the image out of my head.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
hi cristina havent seen you in ages..lol..

i have there collars on all day then 7pm i take them off only cause they to jingle jangly of a night time..lol..the 9am they go back on

but yes when i take the collars off they go mad for some reason and run away with it if i leave the collar were they can reach it..lol

G

·
I would always put Ollie's collar on while he was eating his breakfast ready for his morning walk, leave it on during the day and then take it off for bed time. It seemed to give him more of a routine for night time going to bed time not playing around time when he was a young pup.
I know what you mean about the jingly jangly noise Clair and with you having three of them jangling away I don't blame you for taking them off when you want some peace & quiet.

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol...
wow i have never thought of it as being a bed time routine ..lol..nice one as they do seem to settle down a lot more after they have ran round the house with there collars..lol..

and yes its very noisy especial when you trying to watch a film and they decide to have a scratch..lol..

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clair ,

:lol: What do you mean you haven't seen me for a while! that is because you ran off and left me on the msn talking to myself!!!!!!! :lol:

I brought Ben a new name tag and that seems to jingle more on its own than the other two together!

Cristina

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sasha doesnt wear a collar - we found that when she was a puppy, her fur/hair was growing around it and so the collar was leaving an awful mark on her. So now we only put it on when we go for a W A L K lol

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
hi cristina..

The only time Frodo has a collar is when we go out....He just loves his collar and leash lolz it fresh air lolz....

REgards
Vidhya

·
Registered
669 Posts
Mine always have their collars on. They are not on tight so that phobias like being caught on something and strangled can be eased in my mind. They can just pull it off if they need. They go mad when I take it off though. They wait for me to put it back on.

Must say they look naked without it and their fur is all curly and funny round the collar. :?

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to say it was the funny fur bit that made me decide to take Bens collar off. My old dog use to wear hers all the time and when you did take it off the fur would never lay flat , no matter how much you washed and brushed it. :? :lol:

Cristina

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
lol..yeah i call it there tide mark..lol..

have you noticed thought he dogs in show never have this collar mark on them??? wonder if that means they never wear them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
We personally keep Oscar's collar off until he goes out for a walk.It stops him having a collar mark..Labs have really nice thick necks and I think they look better without one :D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts