Labradors Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only just noticed it (being somewhat distracted with my own health problems). Hubby said he pointed it out to the vet when he did her emergency spay and the vet advised to leave it as it is benign and in the same location as the previous one. It was last removed 14 months ago and it was bigger then than it is now.

Please can we have some "slow down or even go away tumour" vibes.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Oh No - hope this goes down/ goes away Nic - vibes coming your way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hugs x

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an epulis.

"Epulis is the most common type of benign or non-cancerous tumor in dog's mouth. A benign tumor is one that does not spread to other parts of the body. However, an epulis can be "locally invasive," which means that it can grow into the tissues surrounding its initial location. This tumor of the periodontal ligament, which is the structure that holds the dog's tooth in place. Epulides are the most common benign oral tumors in dogs; cats rarely have benign oral tumors. These tumors occur in dogs of any age, but they are generally found in middle-age dogs over six years old."

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Oh dear, poor Coco. Sending lots of ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ tumour go away vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Oh Maddie

My heart goes out to you. My darling Gixer had the same thing.

Sending you loads of slow down {{{{{{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}}}}].

Hugs to you. PM me if you want a chat.

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Special thanks to Gixju for all the advice and support, bless you
xxx

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
oh no. don't get any bigger vibes to the lump.

if its any help, my friend had a lump removed from her mouth a while ago that was benign. It has grown back in the same place but bigger and the doctor has told her it will do that as there is scar tissue and each time its removed, they cut out more of surrounding tissue and the lump growes back in the space.

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
The 14 year old Lab I looked after for a friend last summer had a growth in her mouth, and a year later, at the grand old age of 15, she's still going strong.

Really hope that Coco's lump bu&&ers off!

Love Becs and The Gang

1 - 20 of 27 Posts