Labradors Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harvey is from working line, he is very dark chocolate in color, his coat his quite thick and has a strip down the back that is wavy going to his tail which is also quite wavy with a bit of fur coming of the end of the tail in like a kiss curl....

Is his coat normal?
Am i brushing him wrong to make the fur like this on his tail is there a technique to brushing his coat?
I thought the fur on the tail underneath needs to be slightly hanging when the tail is pointing out? (if you know what i mean) :oops:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Tia's coat is the same. She has a very thick coat compared to the labs we have around our neighbourhood. She also has the wavy line go down her back. I thought she was the only one!

She is always losing loads of hair aswell. Its never ending!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't say that i have noticed much lose of hair only when i look closely at my cream bedding (i just can't resist a cuddle on my bed in the mornings)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Coal has a wavy coat on his bum... esp when wet :D

all labs have slightly difference coats... not sure what you mean about the tail thing tho??

·
Registered
303 Posts
What a coincidence I was just googling my pup as she is quite wiry down her back and she has a "stubbed paintbrush" end to her tail. Only way to describe it! I too wondered if it was normal! Presume it is, if not just her!

·
Registered
13,405 Posts
We call the tail thing a 'twizzle' in our house, quite a few labs have them and the show dog people trim them :eek: :lol:

Basil also has a thick coat, after a swim it has a slight wave which makes it look like I crimp the middle section 8O

·
Registered
846 Posts
Rolo is the same, his coat has thinned out a little beacuse of the weather but as soon as he gets wet its back to being an afro lol

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Tess has this too, now that she has grown a nice coat, it has a broad gentle wave from the back of her neck all the way along to her rump.

She also had a twizzle, which was cute but I have snipped it off as she has grown such a beautiful thick tail now it was spoiling the effect :oops: :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
My Lily has the same,looks like you've swirled your fingers through her fur just above her tail.It's more noticeable and curlier when she has her winter coat.She had her fur shaved for 2 TPO ops and it came back curlier around her back end we thought it was all the scratching she wanted when she was itchy and her fur was growing back,but now realise we're not alone.When i first got Lily i didn't realise just how much labs could differ from 1 to the next.Still all gorgeous though :D :D :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Whats a Furminator? Loki has a coat like that someone told me the wave down the back is the drakes head in him, I always thought labs had stright coats, mind you loki's is lovley and soft.

Jan

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
mrsm said:
Think no i know we must have pics of Tess now looking all gorgeous Helen :wink:
Yes I must get the camera out ... it's hard to find a moment when she needs kissing all the time :D I just can't resist that soft little head :love4:

Sorry gone a bit OT!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bailey is exactly the same. Bit wavy on his back as you near his tail. Also has the extra bit if hair for good luck at the end of his tail! I thought it was really cute when he was little but the breeder trimmed it off.

It grew back

:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts