Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading so many positive things about clicker training I have decided to try it with my unruly 2.
My clicker came this morning but can anyone give me some tips on how to get the dogs used to understanding what the clicker means?

:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hiya, its great you have bought a clicker.
Ive done all my training with Dolly by using the clicker.She now takes the washing out of the machine,opens/closes doors,takes socks off,jackets,coats aswell,picks up things like keys or remotes,drags my wheelchair over to me, plus loads more and thats all done by clicker.
You just need to have the time and it will all come. Its all down to rewarding the dog and if the dog knows you have treats it will do it. as u prob know labs are all for the food! i found everything i needed to know about useing the clicker, training and key words to use all on you tube videos. just search for cicker dog training there is quite a few on there u wont have to look long. just a lil tip btw, useing a target with the clicker will help the dog pick things up easier but u will see all that on the vids.
good luck!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
To get them used to the clicker so they know what it means. You need to:
Click and then give a treat. And keep doing this for a while so they know that 'click' will mean they get a 'treat'.

Once they know what it means you can add the click to mark an action you want.

Let me know if you want any more info on it. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts