Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fello lurkers :)

I show dogs as a hobby, been doing okay with the ringcraft training untill i got my latest pup. I am thinking of trying clicker training on her to see if it helps :)

Has any-one used this method for training and had success, who might be able to help me

Please any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Hi Coletee,

I used clicker training from 8 weeks with brilliant results, very quick, kind and understandable by the pups.

Also I still use now for teaching new tasks as she responds to it immediatly ( means liver cake / cheese ! :wink: )

Swore / swear by it and don't use any other form of training.

·
Registered
880 Posts
clicker training could be very good for ringcraft, vogue was initially trained with clicker training (all canine partners are) and every so often we brush up certain behaviours or teach new ones, its fantastic because it pin points the exact time that they did the right behaviour.
Anna

·
Registered
880 Posts
was waiting for my washing in the dryer today, it takes 25 minutes so i throught i'd train vogue something, within 10 minutes i trained vogue to sit in the laundry basket! its quick and its precise which helps them understand what you want them to do! Better for you and less frustrating for them!
Anna

·
Premium Member
8,847 Posts
Brighteye said:
Hello fello lurkers :)

I show dogs as a hobby, been doing okay with the ringcraft training untill i got my latest pup. I am thinking of trying clicker training on her to see if it helps :)

Has any-one used this method for training and had success, who might be able to help me

Please any help would be much appreciated
You could try this website.

http://www.scallywagsdogs.com/click1.html

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts