Labradors Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we were first going through all the house-training stuff with Ruby, I got really frustrated with it all, and just couldn't understand how she would ever learn to 'ask' to go outside. People would tell me that it would all just 'click' one day, and I didn't believe them. But it did!

She's progressed from sitting by the back door with a mournful look on her face, to actually tapping it with her paw so I can hear that she wants to go out if my back's turned or I haven't seen her by the door. To be honest, while the weather was nice she didn't actually need to do this as I tended to keep the door open for her to come and go at her leisure. But of course the good old British 'summer' hasn't lasted, and in recent weeks I've been having to shut the door behind her when she goes out. I don't have to worry about keeping an eye on her in case she wants to come in, though, as she's recently discovered a very novel way of letting me know:

Never let it be said that Labs aren't intelligent! :)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Yay - clever Ruby. However I suspect it won't be many weeks before you are posting a picture of Ruby wearing a catflap which is no longer attached to the door :)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
:lol: Lovely - as long as she doesn't get her head stuck! :lol:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
jayj said:
:lol: Lovely - as long as she doesn't get her head stuck! :lol:
:D :D :D
I was just thinking the very same thing.
Love the look on her face though. Great picture. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I've been a bit worried about her getting her head stuck but so far she's been ok, and luckily she's quite slow and careful about putting her head through so touch wood she won't end up wearing the catflap as a necklace!

Oh, and I forgot to say that when we've come back from a walk, she'll often stick her head through there and slurp some water directly from her dish, while we're faffing around with the keys to get the door open!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts