Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight Baymax woke me with a little vomiting (but could not find anything on the floor) and a couple of hours later at around 5am with an horrible squirting sound and ghastly smell ..

No vaccines or other meds to blame, maybe as he frolicked in my home garden yesterday, despite keeping a good eye he might have swallowed something.

Read through the WONDERFUL post Loose stools in young Puppies/The squirts/Upset tummies which looks almost supernatural in the precision of the description of tonight's event. Does she have an hidden webcam somewhere? :)

Baymax is just 10 weeks an so far has been fine on the same kibbles only since I brought him home and this morning save for the night's runny dropping he seems fine and hungry.

I'll wait to see if the loose stool repeats before following that thread's advice.

Just a few questions. Scrambled eggs ... with a whole egg, not just the yolk right? Why the adding of sugar (don't have glucose powder)?

Below there's a reference to carrots. Cooked or raw?

Sorry for the questions but so far gave him only the kibbles. Thank you.

·
Administrator
20,995 Posts
Puppies so often get poorly tummies, partly due to the fact that they examine everything with their mouths!!

Scrambled eggs ... with a whole egg, not just the yolk right?
Yes.
Why the adding of sugar
Eggs supply the protein and sugar supplies the carbohydrates which the body needs.
carrots. Cooked or raw?
Washed, raw is best, but are quite hard so he might have difficulty, if so lightly boil.

Di is an old friend of mine, she has her own way of doing things. Personally I prefer boiled rice and chicken, partly because I always have rice in the kitchen.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ok that makes sense.
I am worried that the little furry alligator could chop off too large a chunk from the carrot and suffocate ...
Rice and chicken sounds good.
Is there any risk that after tasting that he might scoff at the kibbles?
As I write this I'm smiling since Baymax pushing to reach the kibbles as I pour them in his bowl is something I almost struggle to contain even at 6Kg vs 80Kg :)
Thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
When things at the back end 😉 revert to normal you might consider gradually adding kibble back in, mixed with a lesser amount of chicken and rice.

Reactions: Mrs H.A and rjalex

·
Administrator
20,995 Posts
Is there any risk that after tasting that he might scoff at the kibbles?
Thats not a problem I've ever had, but I regularly add a little of what I have into my dogs diet, so to them it's nothing out of the ordinary. People worry about different things upsetting their dogs tummy, but in fact dogs in the wild are opportunist feeders, then eat whatever they can find. So their diet is always varied. Today for example, Chloe had half her normal kibble, but with some chicken and pasta in a tomato and bacon sauce which I had last night.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds delicious (must cook a meal I'm hungry)
Thanks !

·
Registered
22 Posts
So interesting the scrambled eggs v rice/chicken discussion. With our terriers ( soon to be joined by 8 week old lab Jas! ) I've always given rice/chicken for poorly tums, mixing in the regular food when things are returning to normal, seems to work well. My mum in law on the other hand swears by the scrambled egg method 😀
I like the idea of using a little home cooked food occasionally to encourage robust digestion in the new puppy, just one question- roughly when is it ok to start that? Seeking reassurance as it's so long since we had a pup in the house 🙂

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tonight Baymax woke me with a little vomiting (but could not find anything on the floor) and a couple of hours later at around 5am with an horrible squirting sound and ghastly smell ..

No vaccines or other meds to blame, maybe as he frolicked in my home garden yesterday, despite keeping a good eye he might have swallowed something.

Read through the WONDERFUL post Loose stools in young Puppies/The squirts/Upset tummies which looks almost supernatural in the precision of the description of tonight's event. Does she have an hidden webcam somewhere? :)

Baymax is just 10 weeks an so far has been fine on the same kibbles only since I brought him home and this morning save for the night's runny dropping he seems fine and hungry.

I'll wait to see if the loose stool repeats before following that thread's advice.

Just a few questions. Scrambled eggs ... with a whole egg, not just the yolk right? Why the adding of sugar (don't have glucose powder)?

Below there's a reference to carrots. Cooked or raw?

Sorry for the questions but so far gave him only the kibbles. Thank you.
Thanks for quoting the article, just read it through and now feel prepared for when we get our girl next week.

·
Registered
Baymax, b.Nov2020
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baymax is fine thank you very much :)

That runny stool was the only one so it was only an occasion to get prepared for when it will inevitably happen :)

I've bought those pro-fibre granules and a sachet of sawdust (that will not be fed of course eh eh). I'm personally more inclined towards the rice/chicken fare since glucose/sugar could make things worse if the upset was sustained by some bacteria.

Next week he'll be getting his second shot. Cross fingers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts