Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Ciara has been here for 10 days and last night was her first full nights sleep as she usually wakes about 4 am for a toilet run then again around 7am for breakfast.

We also have a 3 yr old GSD (German Shepherd) Schafer and most of the time they get on but now Ciara is getting a bit to rough with him and he comes to me with a pleading face as though to say " mum tell her to leave me alone" so at that point we put her in her crate were she usually falls asleep.

Ciara also hates being left alone ie me going upstairs for shower she cries as she's left downstairs (Schafer will come up with me) and when I'm downstairs she follows me EVERYWHERE and she also wants lots of cuddles (she's sitting on my knee know fast asleep and Schafer sitting right behind my chair) ...do i need to be leaving her on her own in her crate more while we are in the house at the moment she goes in when Schafer has had enough, when we pop out and at bed time, as i dont want her getting issues about being left ?

We got Schafer when he was 12 wks (Ciara is 11 wks this Tuesday) and we dont think he got much interaction from his "breeder" as he was a lot more independant.

Paula

·
Registered
831 Posts
Glad your Ciars is settling in, I have a new pup (plus a Ciara lab and a GSD). My pup is a GSD and I have got her used to being on her own either in the kitchen or in her crate for some of the time which I think is necessary, we have baby gates about the house too, this also gives the others just time with me on their own which I think they are enjoying. Good luck with your puppy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts