Labradors Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my clever lil Ciara has cottened onto the fact that if she cries to go out for "wee wee's" and goes and does something she gets a treat but we also have the cry to go out stand outside for 10 minutes and do nothin but sit waiting for a treat......

so now when we have "wee wee's" outside do we still give a treat or do we just have a "well done,good girl" fuss ?

It only happens in the evening from about 8pm onwards....could it be because she has her last meal at 6pm and is wanting more food ? The first couple of nights she had her last meal later and ended up messing in her crate. We had gone outside before bed about 11.30 but when i got up at 2 she'd messed, her last meal was around 9pm.

Any advice greatly recieved

Paula

·
Registered
29,722 Posts
If it were me I would stop giving the treat for 'wee wees' and just give loads of praise. Millie is a week older and I don't treat now for toileting, just continue the praise.

You may also want to move the last feed back an hour to 7.00pm, this might help a little with the timings.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Sydney has taken it one step further - he has asked to go out a billion times this evening and each time done the tiniest wee before rushing back for a treat or hared around the garden for 10 minutes!

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
you all make me feel mean now , I didnt treat Samps just gave him praise :oops: and he still asked every 10 minutes or so to go out lol

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
leapudding said:
Sydney has taken it one step further - he has asked to go out a billion times this evening and each time done the tiniest wee before rushing back for a treat or hared around the garden for 10 minutes!
Now that's one smart little man!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
we praise masie when she has done her business and it seems to be working so far ( fingers crossed) :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well tonight we stopped the treat after every wee and just had the fuss and the toilet trips halved :D and i'm now getting to know the difference between her " i want to go outside and have a nose round and possibly chase the cat" cry and the "I NEED THE TOILET " cry . Also when told "go wee wee's" she will go and do one about 50% of the time, the other 50% she just sits and looks at you :lol:

When we have poo's we "go dump" OH's words so after food its "go dump dumps" and she'll either sniff around and then come back and sit looking as though to say can we go in now or she'll go do a poo with her back to you but looking over her shoulder as though to say "who's a good girl"

So we are doing really well ... next land mark is sleeping through as she's usually wanting a wee around 5.30 am, last toilet trip is at 11.30pm and i've stopped putting water in her crate as she decided to lift the metal bowl and wash the crate and when we got a ceramic bowl she decided to paddle in it...oh the joys but wouldnt be without her :D l

1 - 8 of 8 Posts