Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't have any pics of the dogs printed, so last week I bought 3 multi photo frames (and a couple of single ones) and tonight I started the daunting task of choosing photos to put in the frames.

I have no clue where the frames will hang, since our walls are pretty full with 2 huge canvases from our wedding, and a big piece of wall art on another wall. The rest of the walls in the room are not that big and one has a mirror on, 2 have wall lights, 1 has a big window. I think I can take our wall art down and add a giant B&W pic of the two dogs in the lake (my favourite photo of them, and it's actually a photo of their bums!). I've ordered that as an A2 size, so I have to find some kind of frame for that now! 2 of the multi frames I'm thinking will have to be hung either going up the stairs, or on the landing and the other one is quite slim so I think will fit on the wall with the window on it.

I needed 6 4x4 photos, 19 4x6 photos (landscape) and 4 5x7.5 photos (portrait) to fit the multi photo frames, and 2 4x6 photos for the single frames.

Photos of the dogs I've put on my laptop = 56,129
Photos needed for the frames = 31
Photos ordered to be printed = 591

Um...I have no idea how I'm going to find places for all of these prints. I'm thinking I will not only have to purchase an A2 frame, but a couple of photo albums too! I'm also debating getting rid of the wedding photos and putting pics of the dogs in the frames I have on the fireplace. Possibly my sisters graduation photo too, although I don't think she'll be too happy with that when she next visits!

How on earth do you decide from so many photos?! I was brutal too, and only picked a very select few from all of the pics I have!

Next task - choosing photos for the frames, which is what I was supposed to be doing tonight! I hope my husband doesn't see how many prints I've ordered! I will have to sneak them past him when my delivery comes!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I don't have any photos of the dogs (or form our wedding ;) )on the walls - simply because I couldn't decide :oops: :oops:
I promised myself I will choose some of their photos and some from our wedding during the Chrismas break - I know it won't be easy ;)
Please share when your walls are ready :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I gave up on family pictures. We started off with our wedding photos, then it was baby photos, school photos, more baby photos, graduation photos, more wedding photos and back to baby photos, school photos. Coming soon will be another set of baby pics and a graduation. A family life in photos.
I have one picture of my two older labs in a frame and non of the two I've got now. My son bought me a digital photo frame and put lots of pictures on for me. I sometimes switch it on and go down memory lane when my parents come to visit. Saves wall space :D
Good luck with deciding. I love the picture of them in the lake, I remember your post. It will look lovely in a frame.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the prints in the early hours of this morning, and they're arriving tomorrow! I'm so excited! I love seeing photos in print and having something to hold! I'm a bit sentimental like that! Hubby will be at work so I can sneak them in without him knowing how many I actually got :D

I am a bugger for having photos framed! On my fireplace alone there are 28 framed photos! It sounds like loads but 24 of them are in multi photo frames and the rest are kind of spread out so it doesn't look like too much! I think I'll be swapping some of them out though!

I've got a couple of digital photo frames but I never think to update them, and to be honest, the frame is just an extra wire that never gets plugged in over by the tv! I think I'll have to get the frames going again though! That's actually a good idea!

I'll have to take a photo of the framed prints when I've figured out which ones are going where tomorrow! And I'm already watching a few photo albums on eBay for the rest of the prints!

·
Registered
176 Posts
This where I confess that I have the original Star wars posters framed and on my wall, they were a gift from my dearly departed but was also mad about Star Wars Grandfather , he collected them from the cinema as the films came out as he knew the manager.. Not realising of course at the time how big these films would become !

I'm looking forward to some snow, I'd love some great photos of Thor , kids in the snow :) They would go up on the wall for sure !

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I can't believe you have 56,000 photos!!!

I bought a vintage looking picture frame that fits about 36 pics, printed ONE of each of my favourite people (family, friends) in sepia effect in keeping with the 'vintage' look and that way it look neater I think!

I don't have any of Cooper on the walls, but he is my screensaver!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kind of sorted :)

I've got some of the photos now in frames, but they're not yet on the wall! I'm going to wait for my Dad to come round with his drill so I can hang them up properly :)

Here's a photo of the framed pics (the biggest frame is just laid out and the photos hadn't yet been framed):

I've already moved a lot of the photos to my external hard drive to free up some space on my laptop, but there's still loads to sort through! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts