Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed this on a number of occasiosn; it doesn't happen all the time and only happens sometimes.

Today for example he was last fed at 1. He went to sleep and got up after 3. After a number 1 and number 2 potty. We stayed and played in the garden with the ball. I had a few pieces of cooked chicken and I was going to get a few re-calls in while he was off-lead.

Only 5 minutes of playing with the football and he made a wee burst and has this choking thing; where he haults and makes a werid choke sound and opens his mouth as if he's bringing something up on to grass but doesn't (unless he does and it remains in his mouth). He seemed fine but doesn't seem normal.

A couple minutes later; he had one of those mad crazy moments bombing about the garden and from there it was inside time.

As I say this happens on a number of occasions; I can't really remember if it's happened in the house or not (it probably has).. I'm only really reporting it now as it's fresh in my head.

It certainly seems to be when he has a wee run burst like running around the table or chasing the ball outside it happens.

He was 6 months on Monday there and is due a free 6-month check up which I could potentially bring up.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
If the 6 month check is due then I would mention it.

Having said that, as he is only 6 months old and knowing what they are capable of scoffing then my thoughts would be he is just clearing something that has got stuck, you do not say if he is a normal chewing anything pup :roll: , or if he is left on his own outside a crate for anytime.

My first year with Mischa was spent counting socks and checking toys for missing parts, and she was always left in a crate if I went out :) , which did not mean she never managed to sneak something she should'nt :roll: .

June

1 - 2 of 2 Posts