Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my five month old pup was at the vets yesterday as he had been limping since Sunday morning and the limp had gooten worse. It turns out because he is so hyper and boisterous he has chipped a tiny bit of bone in his upper leg. I have been given anti inflammatory tablets and I had to buy a cage which he needs to stay in for the nest 3 weeks. Needless to say this has not gone down well and he is so sad and crying all the time. I can let him out for wees and poos and 2 five minute on lead walks a day. What can I do to cheer him up? Has anyone heard of this before? He nneds to return to the vet next week and may need an operation if no healing has occured. :(

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Im sorry your pup has to have cage rest. Did the vet xray your dogs leg?

Hope he doesnt go too crazy - one of the things you can do is get him some kongs - that you can stuff with nibbles to try and keep him occupied.

all the best to you and your labby.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We stuffed kongs with kibbles and water and froze them, one long ice lolly :)

Although you may want to adjust daily amount fed..

Poor little thing....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Poor pup! Buddy just broke a toe and it's definitely a challenge keeping him calm..... kongs are definitely great, they keep him busy for ages. He also seems to like all his toys and chews much more if we wrap them in some old socks - it takes him ages to get the socks off of the toy / chew.
We've also just found a chew toy called the Everlasting Treat Ball. It does last quite some time and he seems to love them.
Good luck and I hope it heals quickly!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all so much. I'm off to buy a bigger Kong as the one I had was too small for a few treats. Thanks again...Ziggy :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts