Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if this was all labs or just our Chewy. She absolutely loves to rest her chin on things, your feet, your head (if youre lying on the floor), your knees if youre sitting down and also inanimate objects like the marble grate or yellow pages - anything she can get her chin on really. Its very cute and my dad says he remembers his dads lab used to do it too. Wondering if its a lab trait and if theres a reason behind it?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I think its a very common trait

I believe I was told some time ago that it is a form of very subtle dominance
Not sure I believe that

Judy rests her chin on loads of things - mainly my works van dividing shelf on way back from walks and she cant be dominating the van surely?!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont want to believe its a dominance thing! If it is then our fire grate and slippers must now all be very submissive! I sometimes feel its a permission thing, she*ll rest her chin on the bed or sofa and wait to be told she can get up, its like her registering her interest haha!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Haha my little girl Gemma is exactly the same.
She loves to snooze with her head rested on the fire place base or a soft toy or sofa arm or my or my thigh if we are on the sofa together :D

I like to think she just appreciates being comfy! Just like her daddy!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I like to think of it as contact, Thor loves to just touch us even if it^s just a foot or a chin he loves contact a bit like my kids at times :)
I type this while he^s laying upside down under my desk with a couple of toes touching my leg awww..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts