Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cooper has irritated skin just at the tip of his chin. I noticed yesterday that the area was a bit bumpy with almost no hairs, and this lunchtime it seemed a bit worse, with one bump looking a bit red. It doesn't look like he's hurt himself (like a knock or something) because it seemed to have gotten worse between yesterday and today. The only thing I can think of is that he is obsessed with sniffing and when we go for a walk his nose is right on the ground. I thought perhaps his chin was rubbing on the pavement and causing the irritation? :?:

It doesn't seem to bother him, but just wondering if there's anything I could do to make sure it doesn't get infected or anything.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Could possibly be canine acne. Willoughby had it and I just dabbed a bit of sudocrem on it. Have you changed his feeding bowls? Jules, I think, wrote a while ago about plastic bowls causing a raised rash on her cats chins which cleared up when she changed back.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it might be acne too! I will try a bit of sudocrem...

I haven't changed his bowl, it's a ceramic bowl with a removable inner stainless steel bowl... I don't think I've changed any toys or have any other plastic that he might have come in contact with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts