Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I was given a crocodile instead of a labrador!!!! Oscar is 6 months old and is chewing for England. It just seems to get worse and worse. I know that all dogs chew as pups and labradors more than most but I am still staggered. My other lab was nowhere near as bad. Fortunately he doesn't chew furniture but every toy is now ruined, even the toy box they live in. If he finds a packet or plastic bottle they are in pieces, not to mention plants from the garden. My question is - WHEN WILL THIS END?????

Norma

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Tehehehe acording to my 2, 5 and 2, they dont!! Skittle has chewed today, 1 plastic flowerpot, 1 pastic dish,1 metal cat bowl, stole a trainer and fell asleep on it.

Their excuse is not enough to eat!! :lol:

Marianne

·
Registered
426 Posts
ooooh errrrrr....

Beetle are nearly 10 months has just taken a fancy to a door frame! - At least it is only one at this point, but he has just been de-crated, and I don't really want to go backwards (aside from the fact we would have to get a bigger one!).....

He's shut in the lobby when we aren't around behind the baby gate.....and he has his very own chewing post in there!!

ho hum
g

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
They all differ unfortunately :(

Hally has never chewed anything - but her daughters Hope and Bronte will have a good go if the mood suits them.

Clover was terrible for the first two years or so - NOTHING was safe - it didn't have to move - she would eat it anyway - including trees, bushes, toys, basically anything that looked like it would be remotely edible :roll:

Moz is a terrible chewer - he's even managed to dismantle the kennel runs 8O

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pippy's got through two shoes (not a matching pair of course) and two boots. That was cheaper, just replaced the zips. She has calmed down now she's a bit older. I wonder if the teething process is more painful for some and that's why some chew more?

·
Premium Member
17,439 Posts
Almost 17months old and still chewing! Thankfully it tends to be things that she is allowed to but if I don't keep track of what's on offer it's stuff it shouldn't be. She's just demanded her evening rawhide chew! They're cheaper here than in Belgian thank goodness! Touch wood furniture, fittings and cushions are sacred! - Thankfully!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
haha well lets see...
my (almsot) 3 year old lab recently ate...a dvd case, highlighter, ink pen, brand new book i hadnt even read...
Her son, whom just turned 1 in july-has taken quite the fancy to my OH's socks, his night light that hangs around his collar so i dont loose him in the dark...
I honestly dont believe they ever grow out of it :D:D lol...gotta love our labbies ;)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMG, I thought it might just be a puppy thing! I must have had it so easy last time round. I kept finding strips of wood in the house and couldn't figure out where they came from. The other day I found a huge hole in the ground at the back of the garden behind the shrubs. Oscar had been bringing home tree roots! I fill the hole, he digs it out again. I was hoping he would grow out of it before the tree falls down on the house!!!!

Norma

·
Registered
35 Posts
Honey is almost three, and if you leave something out that she takes a fancy to, its gone!

She ended up in rescue because she destroyed someone's whole kitchen, so I knew what I was letting myself in for!!! :roll:

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Charlie was the chewer from hell for about 18 months, and then it gradually stopped. Soon afterwards I was able to de-crate him, and although he chews grass and sticks around the garden, he no longer chews in the house.

Most do improve with age, though it differs as to exactly when. At six months of age yours may still have some adult teeth growing through, so his gums may be tender and itchy at the moment. That always exacerbates things. :roll: :(

·
Registered
352 Posts
Max is 17 months old and getting a bit better , but i still don't trust him in a room by himself , he looks for something to chew, give him lots of distractions , and toys and it may stop, Max loves rope toys for testing his teeth still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts