Labradors Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
What a fantastic website - I've dipped in over the years but now its time to forum up!
Firstly i should say I am very realistic about our Chester.
He is a human incarnate 1o year old lab who has suffered with his hips and bones for years but suffered with amazing longevity and resiliance.
Good days bad days - he and we have excepted it.
Now alas he has Chronic renal failure - probably at stage 3 - whether his long term use of metacam helped or hinderered hime is neither here nor there now - he is aneamic and we havde just completed a mass load of tests at a brillaint place on the wirral.
so we are dealing with it - accepting it - changed his diet and awaiting more blood and urine results though intital tests show that no other other organs are affected.
we discovered the kidney problem because he had some blood tests after several 'faints/fits' - these could be unconected to the kidney problems or connected and we are looking into it.
everyone lasts a couple of seconds to a minute - they started in spring when the silly fool tried to go after a bitch, and every one has followed stress excitment or excertion.
he had two in one day once - everytime he is non the wiser and fine seconds later. earlier he would semi circle then go on his back and poaddle is legs - roll his eyes - pee (sometimes) now he just sort of flops, pants gets a bit stressed and thats it - doesnt always wee and and perahps rasps but isnt going out like he did.
our vet who knows him well was with me in that they were unconnected and probable epileptic seizures but now with less paddling and slight exceitment kick starting them the anemia could be more of a source.
we just came back from a holiday and the poor old sod neqaly went over when he saw us and then ahlf an hour later - but we stopped him going out.
then the next morning he was righty as rein until his mum got up and he curled uip again. this time was a bit more paddly - maybe somewhere in the middle
he has prpbably had 12 altogether with varying though never severe degrees.
He is happy, great apetite, loves everybody and though in the last weeks since the renal diet he looks a bit older and shabbier he is in good shape.
not looking like a dog on his way out...yet.

Thats our story.
we'll do whatever it takes and i woukld welcome advice, stories, thoughts and those who do...prayers.

i can of cousre offer the same

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
There's a rule on this site where you have to post pictures or you're not welcome... :wink:

I'm kidding. Welcome to the site, and pictures are mandatory :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Hi, welcome aboard :wave:

Chester sounds like he's one in a million.

Took me ages to suss out how to add pics - I upload them to an online album now and then copy and paste the link into my LF post, adding
after it. I was never able to get the hang of re-sizing them direct from My Pictures on my PC.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF :hello2: :hello2:

Sorry to hear that Chester is not so well, but he is obviously a lucky boy to have such a caring owner :D

PS if you put your photos into Photobucket and resize them, then copy and paste the IMG image, that is how I put photos on :D

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hi and welcome to LF, Chester sounds a great boy, I wouldn`t have thought it would be epilepsy at his age but I`m no expert, I have a Westie who started something similar to Chester, my vet she was having fainting fits, she gets wound up and coughs, lack of oxygen to her brain causes her to fall over, like Chester they last seconds and she`s fine afterwards, although she doesn`t paddle her legs, she`s 12.

You would probably be better posting in the health section about Chester, we have members who read some sections but not others and its more likely to be picked up there :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts