Labradors Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're soon to become the proud owners of a beautiful new labrador puppy, there's a few things you'll need to have ready for his or her arrival.

Here's a helpful list of 10 things you'll find useful:

- Puppy food - Your breeder may have supplied you with a small supply of the food your puppy has been fed on, ask you breeder how much and how often you should feed them. Try to stick to the same food as they have been used to.

- Treats - You'll want to get in a supply of treats, as you'll soon be wanting to train your little one the basic commands. There is alot of choice around, and i'm sure you'll find something they really like!

- Collar & Lead - Even though your puppy won't be going for walks until they have had all the necessary vaccinations, it's a good idea to get them used to a collar & a lead. You can always go for short walks around the garden.

- Travel Crate/Dog Carrier - Your puppy will want to feel safe and secure, on its return journey back with you to its new home.

- Soft Brush - It's a good idea to get your puppy used to being brushed and groomed from an early age.

- Food & Water Bowl - Your little one is going to need a food and a water bowl, you may decide on a non slip type or ones that are dishwasher safe.

- Puppy Crate/Indoor Kennel/Playpen - This can be used as a safe haven for your lab puppy to retreat to whenever they are tired, and it is somewhere for you to leave them to keep them out of mischief for short periods.

- A bed & bedding - You may wish to place your puppy's bed inside their crate to make them feel comfy, or alternative bedding. Their crate should be made as comfortable as possible, and should be somewhere that they enjoy sleeping in.

- Poo Bag Supply - You never know when you might need one. :lol:

- I.D Collar - You may or may not be getting your lab microchipped or tatooed, however, it's a good idea to get them a little I.D tag for their collar, displaying their name & your contact telephone number.

Have fun with your little bundle - be sure to let us know all about him or her. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts