Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all!
Our pup is now 18 weeks old, and we have 4 cats who he like to chase.we have baby gates up so the cats have upstairs to escape to.
I'm sure pup just wants to play, however one of our cats was killed by a dog a couple of years ago so I'm very cautious and concerned about the potential for the same thing to happen.
Also, the cats have been mousing and have been leaving what they've caught on the garden which pup smells & promptly snaffles. 馃ぎ馃あ Will this do him any harm. He is wormed frequently.

Thank you!

Administrator
Also, the cats have been mousing and have been leaving what they've caught on the garden which pup smells & promptly snaffles. 馃ぎ馃あ Will this do him any harm.
Taking this first. Very unlikely, providing nobody has put any poison out. This is probably the biggest risk. Picking up a parasite, worm, unlikely, flea probably more likely.

Our pup is now 18 weeks old, and we have 4 cats who he like to chase.
Usually a puppy growing up around cats soon starts to consider them as family. I've spent many pleasant evenings on my friend's sofa with one of her cats on my lap, until one of her dogs has tried to push it off so that it could take over the lap. Having your leg held by a cat's claws, while it was desperately trying to avoid being pushed on the floor is no joke! 馃槩

1 - 3 of 3 Posts