Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Does anyone use chappie with wainwright s .and if so how much of chappie do you use.
As merlin likes both.
Ty in advance for all you options and experiences and opinions.
X

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
I guess it depends how much wainwrights you are giving him. We used to give Elsa 320g of wainwrights a day and a tin of chappie but she is slim

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Mac gets 450g a day of Wainrights Salmon and Potato, but really does depend on how much your dog is currently eating.
Look at how much you feed him currently compared to the recommended amount on the current food, so if you give him say 80% and you wanted to give half and half of each then give 40% of each of the recommended daily amounts. From there adjust accordingly if he is putting on weight or losing it.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I usually just put a tablespoon or so of chappie in with the kibble to give it taste.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Whatever you offered most labs they would like both :) But the Wainwrights is complete. If you put a spoonful in because, as humans, we think it makes it taste nicer because WE see plain brown kibble and to US that's not very appealing (although its a full roast dinner with trimmings to a dog...) then fair enough.

But there is no correct balance of meat to complete food, because the complete is complete and theres nothing extra needed. So if someone wished to mix it, I would say feed the correct full portion of complete and just add a spoonful of meat knowing its just for your own indulgence, there isn't really any nutritional context. Its like putting sugar on cornflakes. Tastes nice but you could and probably should really eat it without ;-)

Di

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Diana said:
Whatever you offered most labs they would like both :) But the Wainwrights is complete. If you put a spoonful in because, as humans, we think it makes it taste nicer because WE see plain brown kibble and to US that's not very appealing (although its a full roast dinner with trimmings to a dog...) then fair enough.

But there is no correct balance of meat to complete food, because the complete is complete and theres nothing extra needed. So if someone wished to mix it, I would say feed the correct full portion of complete and just add a spoonful of meat knowing its just for your own indulgence, there isn't really any nutritional context. Its like putting sugar on cornflakes. Tastes nice but you could and probably should really eat it without ;-)

Di
Completely agree! When Charlie came home to us, he had a bad tummy and wouldn't eat properly so ended up feeding him Chappie to settle him down. Once he was put on kibble, he wouldn't eat it without a tiny bit of Chappie in. I could/should have persevered ;)

Millie on the other hand will eat kibble without anything added. I do however, top up with cold water as it slows her down.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Good plan, I always splash a little hot water from a recently boiled kettle on my tribes kibble just to bring out the flavour a little.

Di

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
I ALWAYS have sugar on my Cornflakes though ;-0 ;-) ;-)

Di

1 - 11 of 11 Posts