Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mole is coming home tomorrow :D and the breeder has said she will be on Bakers :? . Having read on here about bakers i've decided to change her onto Skinners F + T Puppy. My question is this, shall I start mixing the 2 together gradually right from when she comes home, or will it be best to leave it a few days to let her settle in and then start the change over?

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
I suspect others will disagree and it's not the usually recommended way, but with something as rubbish as Bakers I would put a pup of mine onto something else as soon as they came home.

Amazes me how many people feed Bakers without looking into it more - well done for getting Mole onto something better :)

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
I have, in the past, done straight switches. If pup is going to have a dicky tum, maybe because of the water, they will have a dicky tum anyway - so maybe best get it done.

I tell puppy buyers to switch gradually - but will confess to not always practicing what I preach - on pups and older dogs :oops:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hi and welcome and congrautions on your puppy. My Sky came home on Bakers and I changed her food over a few days by mixing the two foods and increasiing the new food daily -she was fine with this. Good luck, Regards, Lynne

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Mole will have runny stress poos for the first couple of days so I'd agree with others, either change her straight over onto the decent stuff, or mix it over a couple of days to get her onto the F&T ASAP :)

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorted ! Only got a tiny bag of food from breeders enough for 2 days max, so have just binned that and put Mole straight onto Skinners. Many thanks for the advice :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts