Labradors Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am a newbie to the forum. I have 2 black labs who up until last week had never messed in the house. They are 8 year old sisters.
Ziara has been messing in the house for around 10 days now. We have been on holiday for 7 of those days so we thought it may be that... but still the poop continues? We took all of our animals to the vets on our return from holiday due to a flea outbreak and ziara was examined but nothing stood out. The vet said if it doesn't settle to go back for blood tests. Just wondering if anyone can relate to this change in behaviour?

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Are they spayed? Had a similar issue with one of my girls, turned out she had pyometra. The upset tummy was the only symptom, she’d been seeing the vet regularly for other things and had been on antibiotics and has had blood tests which showed nothing untoward. Only a scan of her tummy showed that there was a big problem, my vet was very shocked!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Maddie thank you for your reply. No neither of them have been spayed. Ziara appears to be getting more anxious; following me everywhere, heavy panting? We have had some serious heat here recently; she is also just come into season and is trying to mount her sister. Maybe it's all a combination that's caused the present symptoms?

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Ah, yes, quite likely. One of mine only ever soiled the house when she was coming into season. It’s been really hot here too, in the 40s some days. I’ve let my puppy out to toilet and she’s sneaked back indoors to pee!

·
Administrator
20,474 Posts
The poo is as I would expect. A bit loose while you were on holiday, tightening up when back home.

My guess would also be the season, she would be rather hormonal. My Chloe continually want to go out to pee. but also go off her food. But it varies so much from dog to dog. With my Amy she carried on as if she was not in season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts