Labradors Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I admit I am lazy. But I want to make sure I don't miss the start of the pups being born but still leave Belle alone avoiding un-necessary disturbances. Previously I would have checked back every half hr or so but as I say to avoid all the running back and forward and un-necessary disturbances I am considering a monitor of some sort. The whelping will be outside in the whelping pen so something that transmits to the house would be great. Any ideas ??

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have cctv that overlooks my kennels and sends the signal straight back to a tv in my house, it's wireless in that it doesn't need a cable to run, the camera needs a powerpoint outside, and the receiver inside needs a power point and plugs straight into tv/video points.

Relatively inexpensive I got mine from Scan but notice there are quite a few similar on ebay and under the £50 mark is very good value.

Nic

p.s pleased to hear she's finally in pup

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scan

Thanks Nic. finally in pup and due in about 10 days.
Haven't tried ebay and would prefer wireless like the system you have. I have a power point in the kennels so that isn't a problem. Any model recomendations ?.

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
We've got a CCTV kit which is a Micromark one and it is great - only downside is that it is useless in the dusk/dark. They are quite inexpensive, and you can have multiple cameras.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Just to add that a great many bitches, especially maidens prefer some calm, quiet company in familiar surroundings. She may prefer you to a camera, easing her and reassuring her through the last few hours before whelping... There again she may not I suppose. Depends what kind of a girl she is...

Di

1 - 5 of 5 Posts