Labradors Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but I've searched cat forums without success and I know some people on here have cats so I'm hoping someone can help . My 13 yr old cat is showing some signs of arthritis . She doesn't seem in pain and still grooms herself but she jumps smaller distances than she used to . I don't really want to take her to the vet just yet as they advised they would need to sedate her or put her under ga to do x rays so I wondered if anyone could recommend a joint supplement for cats so that I can try that first .

Claire x

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
No cats here, but I just checked Animed Direct that is where I buy my Yumove supplement from which does seem to help improve the dogs mobility.

My only concern though would be whether the cat has any other health problems ie kidney or liver, I think I would want to make sure there would be no problem with giving anything before starting supplements.

I hope you get some help from someone with cats.

June

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
There are lots of supplements that you can trial, cosequin cat is a really good one- i think you can buy that over the counter without a prescription. My old girl cat suffers with arthritis and she is on metacam when it flares which is usually the colder months

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
No cats here either, but I also use Yumove and they do a cat supplement too:
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supplements-yumove-joint-care-c-5_4_280/yumove-cat-triple-action-joint-supplement-60-capsules-p-10816?zenid=tnvbu8l0gt9hm1vifnf6g6u7f0

(I buy my supplements from VetUK, via our Oldies Club link, so we receive a donation: http://www.oldies.org.uk/?page_id=534)

I don't know if there would be any adverse effect from such a supplement (it's never been mentioned to me, by a vet, with my older dogs having Yumove and similar), but you could always email Lintbells or another company to check.

Hope you can find something to help your cat :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts