Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent 10 minutes trying to post a new thread. I kept getting an SQL Error 1064. which was telling me to remove all my apostrophes from my post. After I did that my post was submitted.

Has anyone else had that? I used to be able to use apostrophes.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
How strange! I just tried and failed to! And Ive used plenty in my time. Its the same with the Americanised spell checker which now insisted on Americanized. Sadly they have no idea than in English it is not acceptable to swap s for z.

Regards, John

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Me too 8O

I am a member of the abolition of aberrant apostrophes association (AAAA) but even so, this is just not on :roll:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
They must of updated the code and broken it.

The single quote is used to keep stuff together as it is put into the database. It is broken.

Is there an admin address? I noted the number of pages was off by one, so something is not right.

?

·
0 Posts
And you just don*t realise how many apostrophes you use, until you can*t use them anymore 8O :lol: .

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

OMG!!! TESTING, TESTING

HAVE WE GOT COMMAS AGAIN???

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
Mmm, I see it's not working correct if you quote a post, but it's OK if you are using the other method and quoting a part of a post. Odd!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Yes John - it is acting strange.

I was quoting several odd bits from a post, and on preview it all looked absolutely fine - but went weird again when I actually submitted

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Also I still can't log in from my iPad. I know others can but still no joy for me. I even went through the 'I've forgotten my password' route and changed my password and tried to log in. I've changed my security filters and still no luck. I can log in perfectly on my desktop or phone though. I wonder if its connected to the fact that I deleted cookies when I was having problems during the period that the website was down. For some reason my iPad isn't allowing the site to set new cookies and let me in. I will keep checking every few days and hopefully it will resolve itself.

·
Administrator
20,497 Posts
I'll bring this thread to Young's notice, Although of course with weekend and the difference in time he wont be seeing it until sometime Monday afternoon.

Regards, John

1 - 20 of 29 Posts