Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tia and Summer have done it again :D :D At todays show Tia took 1st in Lab Open, BOB and G4. Summer, bless her, took Best Puppy.

Sorry for the brag, but as usual, phoned daughters to tell them, and neither of them at home, they must have known it was me. For some stange and unexplicable reason, my daughters are not dog people :? 8O

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Congratulations well done Tia & Summer.
BOB terrific no wonder you want to brag i would be shouting from the roof tops well done.

Where were you showing?

Margaret

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Well done.....................big treats for them tonight then....

Don't worry about your daughters ...thats why we are here :wink:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, It was Wigton and District CA Just outside Carlisle. Only an open show, but a really good turnout so really pleased with the placings.

We are doing another open on 4th June at Bathgate with Blue, Summer & Tia, before going to Border Union Champ Show on Saturday 18th June at Kelso.

Blackpool Champ show is on Saturday 25th June, I only have tia entered at Blackpool

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Well done! Love the photo of Bailey on the sofa on your Champdogs pages. Glad to see I'm not the only one buying furniture to match my dog!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi kay

well done,bet you are really pleased :lol:

Ill be at Bathgate on the 4th June aswell with ellie, What classes are you entered in. This show Im not looking forward too, in a way, because the judge had a bit to do with me picking ellie out from the litter, so I might ask some one else to handle her for me, but I make my mind up on the day :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Many congratulations Kay! ...I am very pleased for you :) .. and well done Tia and Summer, you did mum proud!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Brighteye, Summer entered in puppy, Tia in Junior and Blue in Novice.

I am in the same situation as you, to a certain extent. I will have to get handlers for all three of them, and stay well into thebackground. The judge at this show is the breeder and owner of the stud that Emma will be going to in July. So I really need to keep a low profile. She hasn't seen Blue, so I am interested in how she will get on, This will be Blue's 1st show for a long time, her previous owners stopped showing a while back, although she was very well placed as minor puppyshe has not been in the ring since.

Not many people know that I have her, and I have not told Helen yet. At least this way with another handler she will be judged on her own merit and not because I am on the other end of her lead :D

What classes are you entered in?, do please come and say Hi :D

Thanks for your kind comments on Bailey, he is a darling isn't he, yes, I'm prejudiced. This sleeping position is constant, flat on back 4 legs in the air, showing personal attributes to everyone, the little tart :D :D that photo was taken when he was only 12/13weeks, he will be 16months tomorrow, where does time go???????

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Hi Kay,

What can i say - your labs are terrific! Huge congratulations to you. Did someone mention photos - i'm off to have a look right now! :lol: :wink:

It's great you keep us up to date on all of the shows they participate in, we love to hear all about it.

Well done Tia & Summer. :p

All the best Kay,

Julie

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi Kay
Well done - fantastic news.
Am I right in thinking that Tia has been made up to Sh Ch, and Summer is one you bred yourself?
What an achievement - you must be so proud.
best wishes
Jenny

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you so much everyone,

Hi Lablover, I wish lol, no Tia has now got her Sh Cm. Have been chasing a JW, but only 2 CH shows left before her 18months, so looking pretty bleak on that score, especially if she behaves they way she did at SKC, playbowing the judge for heavens sake :D :D I am Tia's biggest problem, she is excellent and everything in the right place, but I simply refuse to stuff and fatten her up, just to get a good place, my dogs health and fitness are more important than a rosette, although it doesn't sound like it the way I am going on. lol Just really proud of all of them,

To be honest, Summer has really surprised me, She is a lovely bitch, but she just did not sparkle, everything else was so much more interesting than me, and at SKC last week, someone, somewhere, must have found the lightbulb switch, and today, she just showed her little socks off. Probably just lulling me into a false sense of security before the dreaded KEVINette emerges, she is now 10mths and showing all the signs :wink:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Kay
Fantastic news - Tia and Summer are doing brilliant and I am sure you are so proud. I've heard lots of lovely things about Tia.

Are you doing the show at Builth Wells? in August??

Seal and Stella send their best wishes

Regards

Patricia

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Patricia, I'm afraid I might not be at Builth Wells, all being well, Emma will be in whelp and I prefer to stay at home. Bailey & Tia brought back kennel cough last year, so I am not taking any chances. However, if things do not go according to plan with Emma, I will be there

Give my best wishes to Stella.

Sorry for the delay, but will reply to PM on CD shortly, and many thanks for the e-mail, it was wonderful :D

Kay

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Hi kay

I ve entered her in for junior and novice. How long have u been showing for, and are u a lab club of scotland member.
what is the kennel club names of the dogs so that i can keep and eye on how u do. :) mine is velvetine little angel..... may be u can say hi, and give us some advice, because i think i am making some mistakes

1 - 20 of 33 Posts