Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
our Labrador should be able to be left from 11pm until 6am without having to be let out to the toilet? Have included a pic of him, he is currently 8 weeks old named Murphy. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think that’s really young still at the moment to expect him to last that long without needing to go
Ruby took till about 12 weeks to be able to go all night from about 10pm till 5 am and sometimes then there were still midnight dashes on occasion
Now at 11months she can easily go 10pm until 8am if necessary and if it’s raining will look at it and think I’ll wait until I’m made to go
So yes I think you still have a few more weeks to go yet

·
Administrator
20,490 Posts
Beth was 6 months old before she got the idea. I brought Amy home at 7 weeks old and she was clean all night within 3 days. Chloe took 4 days. So there is a nice wide window for you. :)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Is there a reason why you can’t get up over night to let him out? I only took mine out over night when they started making a fuss. Cry- out to toilet then back to bed, only had to do that for a couple of weeks before they started sleeping through.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
Is there a reason why you can’t get up over night to let him out? I only took mine out over night when they started making a fuss. Cry- out to toilet then back to bed, only had to do that for a couple of weeks before they started sleeping through.
Some don’t make a fuss, even in a very small crate. I have one of those. She only made a fuss afterwards when she was lying in it, sometimes not even then.

Now she’s loose in the utility room at night, she’ll last up until about 5:30am, much later and I’m likely to be faced with a sea of wee.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Some don’t make a fuss, even in a very small crate. I have one of those. She only made a fuss afterwards when she was lying in it, sometimes not even then.

Now she’s loose in the utility room at night, she’ll last up until about 5:30am, much later and I’m likely to be faced with a sea of wee.
I know they all don’t make a fuss, I was just explaining what i did. If original posters pup is quiet then I would set an alarm to get up just to check.

His pup may even be fine as know evens tiny pups do sleep all night.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do get up to let him out around 2am and I let him out at 11pm before that and he seems to stir again at 5.30am so I'm up then to let him out. He is just over 8 weeks old now so I'm hoping that I will be able to cut out the 2am one within the next month or so with any luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts