Labradors Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We are collecting a black lab rescue puppy at the weekend and I want to buy a book about the breed with lots of detail on training, health, etc. Can anybody recommend one? I've had a look but there are so many books and I don't want to get a duff one.

Many thanks.

Lucy.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Hi,

Well before I got Ben we brought a Collins Guide to Labradors, which I found very usefull. It covered the breed history, puppyhood (from preparing your home to being a teenager!), training, health, and what to do in emergencies. It was a great book and cost I think £7.99.
If I can find a link to it I will post it for you!

Cristina

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Hi :)

I have that book too, and found it very good - I also was going to mention about the exercise in there, much too much!

Fay

·
Registered
244 Posts
lablover said:
The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey is must for a new puppy owner. Depending on the age of your puppy, you may find her book The Rescue Dog useful too.
I have both of these and agree they are excellent - The Rescue Dog is particularly helpful on behaviour issues.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Collins is excellent - I can spout off thousands of lab facts. Funny thing is, it was a present from father-in-law who hates dogs after we had slight disagreement about labs (he lost!).

·
Registered
26 Posts
we have the prefect puppy book as well and in a week have used hte training bit to tach Fermat to sit and lay down, seems really good, covers bite inhibition etc as well

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi I bought Gwen Bailleys Perfect Puppy like some of the other members and found it to be most helpfull Good Luck as there are alot of good books out there :)
Marie+Clyde

1 - 11 of 11 Posts