Labradors Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know :roll: I live in the wrong area of the country! I want to take Poppy to the beach for the day in the next couple of weeks as we are not holidaying anytime soon. I know it will be a couple of hours drive but thought I could combine it with a day out for the family.

Bearing in mind that so many beaches are closed to dogs in the summer, can anyone recommend a beach which is open to dogs and is accessible for a day trip from MK?

Many thanks for your bright ideas! :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
we go to brancaster on the north norfolk coast. I'm pretty sure its dog accessible all year round as its massive.
Its just a bit further round than hunstanton. I reckon it'd take about 2.5 hours if you didn't hit traffic.
I.d recommend taking your own picnic etc as there isn't much there apart from an ice cream shop. :)
hope that helps.
You could head south but i'm not sure the beaches are dog friendly this time of year. South hampton way is about a 3 hour plus drive from here.
So i reckon north norfolk is your best bet. If you do a search on brancaster, there are several sites which would tell u if its dog friendly.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much! I'm so envious of all these people who get to walk on the beach every day. Maybe in my next life..... :D

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Winterton on sea in Norfolk is dog friendly and open all year. you can also walk along the dunes into Hemsby where the dogs are welcome in the cafe's etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts