1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Im just wondering if having a pregnant bitch in the house can "Trigger "
a false pregnancy in another bitch ?

One of our lovely lab girls is expecting in two weeks (she is health tested :) and our other lab girl has started to produce milk for about the last 2 weeks , she is NOT off her food ,nesting or off colour in anyway , we have ofcorse had her to the vet and he said he thinks it maybe due to the other bitch`s pregnancy .

We have four Bitches in the house and none of them have ever done this before even after a season .However our little Cav Bitch recently lost all the hair on her tummy and after bloods ,skin scrapes ect were taken and nothing was found ,they now think this is also hormonal ?

Im just wondering if anyone elce has had experience of this ?

Will she now have a false pregnancy after every season ?.

Any comments / ideas would be fantastic . Obviously far to many hormones in this house !

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
I must admit I think having several bitches in a household can cause all sorts of things to be triggered including phantoms, although it hasn't happened to me so far!!

I suggest you get the phantoming bitch onto Skullcap and Valerian tablets (Dorwest Herbs sell them) and to avoid it happening in the future put her on Raspberry Leaf tablets right at the very start of her season.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts