Labradors Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D :D WHERE OFF TO SCOTLAND IN 2 WEEKS TIME AND ARE HOPING TOSPEND A FEW DAYS LOOKING AROUND EDINBURGH.I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE NEW ANY GOOD CAMP OR TOURING SITES CLOSE TO THE CITY .THAT ARE DOG FRIENDLY :lol: :lol: AND HAVE GOOD TRAIN OR BUS LINKS INTO THE CITYXXXHARRYXCLARE

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
This is my neck of the woods Claire, but have no idea about camp sites but I will try to find out for you and let you know :D

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
There's Fordell Firs near Inverkeithing. I think people can camp there anyway.... Scouts and schools do all their camping stuff there. Just a short hop across the Forth on the train to Edinburger.

Another nice site is Witches Craig, at the foot of the Wallace Monument in Stirling. Not particularly handy for Edinburgh, but not a million miles away either.

Around Edinburgh itself, I'm not sure..... there are probably campsites in/around the Pentlands just South of Edinburgh.... maybe around the Roslin/Hillend areas???

Enjoy your trip to Auld Reekie :D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
There is a nice campsite just outside Musselburgh. I just looked it up and it's called Drum Mohr Caravan Park.

Friends of mine stayed there before and it is within a walled garden and was really nice.

Musselburgh has a good bus link to Edinburgh city and is also fairly close to lots of beaches.

Eileen

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

Are you looking for somewhere to pitch a tent or park a caravan, or do you want a static caravan?

If you want a static caravan then Seton Sands in East Lothian, approx 12miles east of Edinburgh is a suggestion. It is dog friendly and is right next to a beach that is labrador heaven. You can get a bus into the centre of Edinburgh from the site. I live 5 minutes from it but that's probably not a selling point

If your under canvas or are dragging a shed then Mortonhall is a good shout. I think it is dog friendly.

Hope you find something and enjoy Edinburgh
Alison

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D :D thank you all for the help and advice :D :D scotland here we come :wink: :wink: harryxclarexx ps wave if you see a white motor home with a big black lab in the back hehehe

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
the caravan club site on marine drive is great. bus stop just outside and it is next to the beach and a long promenade.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I was going to suggest Mortonhall as Mo did too Claire, not too far from the centre of Edinburgh with easy bus links :D

I personally would stay a bit further out, but if you have the motorhome you could move from site to site easier, Fife is lovely and you should not miss out on seeing it :D

Bring your raincoat it has not stopped raining for days here :( :roll: :roll: But it has just stopped tonight :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts