Labradors Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Again been ages since I posted on here. Thought I'd give a little update on how busby is doing and since he has just had his check up it seemed like the ideal time.

Busby went to the vets on Tuesday for his yearly booster jabs and check up. We arrived at the vets and as usual busby went crazy trying to meet everyone that was in the waiting room. After he settled down it wasn't long before we were called in, we actually got to see the same vet that treated busby when he had kennel cough last year and he seemed to remember him, which was nice. Busby just stood there in the vets office without a care in the world being checked over, didn't even notice the needle when he was jabbed. Then came our dreaded bit, his weight, we always weigh him in the vets waiting room so we are prepared and we thought he had lost a little weight. Last time he was weighed he was 30kg, this time he was 27.7kg, the get was very pleased and actually said 'don't let him lose anymore, he is perfect weight and very athletic looking and very muscular, which means he is very well exercised'. That made us both very happy indeed and we both left smiling.

The only change we have made apart from a few extra walks each week is moving him onto waynewrights low fat food from PAH. He was always on the full fat and he loves the low fat food just as much. I'd really recommend to anyone trying to trim a few kgs off their pooches

Thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
17,438 Posts
Great to hear he is doing so well!

It's so lovely to take 'perfect' dogs to the vets! Enjoy!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Busby is far from perfect, only today he decided to completely ignore me whilst out on our walk and run off, but he looked trim doing it, haha

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good times you and skinny boy Busby!

Out of interest would you mind me asking how much the low fat food is?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Lovely to see Busby back on here. He is great. Well done for the weight loss. I will have to have a look at that food to see if it would be OK for Cassie. She was on the Burns weight loss food but as it swells up so much in her tummy it kept making her very sick.

The only food I can get her to tolerate is JWB grain free but that is a bit more fattening than non-grain free.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
StormDust said:
Good times you and skinny boy Busby!

Out of interest would you mind me asking how much the low fat food is?
The low fat food is the same price as the full fat food, we buy the large bag from PAH for around £40 I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts