Labradors Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm tracing my pup's pedigree and trying to find coat colour / country of birth of her ancestors. I've managed to find the names of 507 out of 511 of her first 9 generations :)
Am struggling with Brodiebrack Brown Encore at Stormley and Mademoiselle Brie though.
I am pretty sure that they were both born in the UK but does anyone know for sure? As in, anyone know anything about the affix Brodieback? or Mademoiselle?
Also, BBEAS I have as chocolate, but no idea of MB's colour....?
Thanks all

·
Administrator
20,589 Posts
Not surprisingly Brodiebrack Brown Encore at Stormley was a chocolate, born 14/6/1989, by Simandem Sam Brown of Balrion out of Ravenshall Kandy Brown. (Both Chocolate)

Mademoiselle Brie was black, born 18/6/1983, by Lawnwoods Midnight Folly (yellow) out of Jasmin Delight (colour not listed, but I believe black) (incidentally Jasmin Delight was by one of my favourite dogs, Secret Song of Lawnwoods. A wonderful show dog who has influenced many working lines)

John :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. Do you know what the naming deal was with M Brie and her offspring? I've just discovered that her littermates were x of Lawnwood, as you might expect coming from a 'lawnwood' but also Midnight Cadence. Wouldn't you expect them all to be a "jasmin" after the mum? and how come MC is so different and doesn't appear to have a normal affix (like M Brie herself)?
My tree then follows the kids had with Carpenny of Chevalier, Authority of Carpenny in particular. So again, A of C has the kennel affix of the dad. And her siblings include a couple of other carpennys and then a "belle fleur".
So were M Brie and her offspring with C of C all at the Lawnwoods kennels? How come the normal naming procedure wasn't followed do you know?
Thanks

·
Administrator
20,589 Posts
Stormley, Simandem, Balrion and Lawnwoods are all UK KC affixes, so I assume those two dogs are both UK born.

·
Administrator
20,589 Posts
Different people use different naming plans. The litter my Chloe was in were all named after circus acts, another friend used wild plants, and of course many people use letters of the alphabet, names beginning with A for their first litter, B for the second and so on.

The Poolstead kennels of the late Didi Hepworth and her husband Robert were special. They bred for many years, so many puppies, and every one began with P. I personally have 81 Poolstead dogs in my database, every one with different names and every one beginning with P starting Package Holiday and finishing with Puzzle of Suley!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i know that (and have P Package hols in mine too!) what I meant was the names I mentioned didn't seem to have the kennel name in them. All of the poolstead ones for example start with poolstead. The Ballyduff ones are Ballyduff something or something of Ballyduff. The M.melle Brie ones though seem to either have the dad's kennel name (not normally the kennel that does the breeding as such), or no apparent kennel name, such as with M.melle Brie herself

·
Administrator
20,589 Posts
I done believe Jasmin is a kennel affix, just part of the name. Anyone can name their dogs anything they like (within certain limits) without buying an affix from the KC. If they do buy an affix then it makes naming easier and it identifies the line, but the down side of that is that the breeder has to pay the KC to buy the affix, then pay a yearly maintenance fee to the KC to keep the affix. For that reason very many people who only breed a litter or two in their life do not buy an affix. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ah, so they might have been bred by 'affixed breeders', then popped out for a generation and were still pedigree but were more 'backyard breeder' type and then back into 'affixed breeders' further down the pedgiree chain. that makes sense. here (I'm in australia though english born) I THINK that you HAVE to have an affix to register the dog as pedigree and assumed it was the same there. thanks for your help :)

·
Administrator
20,589 Posts
No, there is no need to have an affix to breed, and provided sire and dam are KC registered so can the pups be. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts