Labradors Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lurkers.

I hope u can answer aquestion for me? We are due to get the final connection to bradband next week and i am wondering whether it makes any difference when you are on the internet especially labrador forums.

I know it makes a difference when you are on the net to some degree because you can still use the phone line to make calls.lol :lol:

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Yes it's quicker. Although that does depend on what broadband connection you get - in my opinion the slower one isn't worth getting having used that at my parents, there wasn't much difference between that and regular dial-up.

I couldn't get broadband in the new housing estate we lived in in England which had one of Europe's top business parks in it (and it still can't get it), yet in my little village here we got it nearly a year ago. Scotland has been great getting broadband out.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Are you still on here, Colette?!! lol
When we had BB installed the difference was amazing - pages loaded so much quicker and it was quicker for downloading/uploading music and photos - definitely worth the little bit extra per month, Colette. HTH

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have had bb for over a year up here in the frozen north and there is no way I could go back to slow-freeze-slow band. It is just so much quicker this way. The best thing about it is you can't get dialler virus through it. I was hit by that nasty little bug just before we got bb and it ran up a £300 phone bill in two weeks :oops: :oops: 8O

·
Registered
54 Posts
Colette - one taste of broadband and you'll be hooked. However, I have to agree that the quality, availability and of course pricing is all down to selecting the right provider. My other half, Scott, is qualified to comment in this area and will no doubt be more than happy to offer advice. He runs his own business in SW London (www.harman.tv) and selecting and installing the right broadband, tv and phone package for people is his number one enquiry.

Feel free to ping him privately (scottyman) with any questions :) Same applies to all other forum users. Its the least we can do with all the advice and assistance you've given us :) !

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
yes broadband is good..lol.. some sites may still be slow though but as for pictures and downloading/uploading its very quick...

i went to the library before i came on this comp for some homework information for my daughter and oh my god talk about SNAIL TRAIL..it was so slow..lol..they used dial op i think im not sure..lol. bt it was very sloww...

you will be whizzing along the forums soon.lol

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Agree with everyone, Do not know what it was like without, especially the line n ot being blocked

·
Registered
280 Posts
try www.homecall.co.uk

they are offering free calls all day everyday, plus broadband for £19.99 per month (as long as you have a BT line with at least basic line rental of £10.50).

Quite a bargain, and was going to swap, but I rang NTL to disconnect, and to keep my custom they gave me free broadband for a year worth £300!!! Even bigger bargain!!

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
i live on a very tight budget and people often say that broad band is an unnecassary expence. but as i suffer with agrophobia it is my life line and window on the world. would give up anything else to keep it :D (apart from max that is :lol: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts