Labradors Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations for breeders in the north west for black labs. After the loss of Barney we are looking for a family member.
So if any recommendations would be very helpful please as it’s a while since we’ve had to look!

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
I'm sorry but our rules are that we dont do recommendations of breeders. We can suggest where to look, and what to look for. But thats the best we can do.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry but our rules are that we dont do recommendations of breeders. We can suggest where to look, and what to look for. But thats the best we can do.
Ahh ok sorry, as mentioned it’s been a while since I’ve been on here apologies.
In terms of where to look am I best going through the kennel club?

·
Administrator
20,774 Posts
The best places are the KC list or Champdogs website. But it's not unknown for the less responsible breeder to creep onto even those lists, so it's very much "Let the buyer beware!" Dont be afraid to ask questions about health test results and the like. Find out who the sire and dam are so you are able to check that what you are told is actually true!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best places are the KC list or Champdogs website. But it's not unknown for the less responsible breeder to creep onto even those lists, so it's very much "Let the buyer beware!" Dont be afraid to ask questions about health test results and the like. Find out who the sire and dam are so you are able to check that what you are told is actually true!
Thank you, will do. It’s not going to be an ad hoc purchase will do the due diligence and the research. We did last time and understand the importance of it all. Thanks again John for the responses, much appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts