Labradors Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When any of these guys disagree, which one do you trust more?

My very imperfect rule of thumb is that I'd give priority to the former for food, bedding, coat care etc. Let's call this "physiology"

The middle of course is a no brainer for "health problems".

The latter (I might search one for son and wife this is going to be their first dog ever) for training.

But of course many times issues overlap. For instance I'm utterly confused even by very sensible advice on this very same forum between the harness vs. leash topic. I do understand the worries of the people on the former (impediments to free movement of from shoulders), but I also hear the worries of the latter camp that associate the leash with circulatory, respiratory and orthopaedic issue for the doggy ...

In this case in which you have no firm beliefs who do you tend to follow?

Thanks a lot.

·
Administrator
20,904 Posts
In this case in which you have no firm beliefs who do you tend to follow?
Dont think I can answer this, because I do have VERY firm beliefs. But I will quote from my article on heelwork training

"If you do your training right then you never have a tight lead so what you use is really unimportant."

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes a lot of sense :) I was using that example only because you do find advice all-over the place :) and until you form your own firm and informed beliefs you need to trust someone else :)

Thanks a lot. Cheers from Rome (in strict lockdown)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts