Labradors Forums banner

1 - 20 of 357 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please please can we have some of the famous LF vibes, Bramble, the honorary lab, needs them....

I was away last week and the boys were put into kennels that were recomended by the vets I am with now, and I was told by the head vet nurse that she uses them for her dogs - what better recommendation can you get? Especially when you don;t the area's kennels...

The morning after they were put in kennels I was phoned by the kennels to be told that the boys had been playing very roughly (which they haven't before, although I will stop them if I think its a bit OTT to be fair and Bramble had hurt his hock which was swollen, would my vet give anti-inflammatories without seeing the dog (REALLY that should have set my alarm bells going but it didn;t :oops: ). Of course the answer was no.

I was told that it was just a strain or bump and I asked if it was the cruciate ligament - I was then told that she had had him checked by someone who knew about that sort of thing and it definitely wasn't. So on that basis I agreed to separate kennels and rest and some metacam that they had in. I told them not to give Rimadyl due to Neos bad reaction to it.

I asked about coming home and was told it wasn't necessary. I agonised about that all day, but having had experiences with Neo of rushing him to the vets only to find that the limp had disappeared I relied on their indication. I phoned that afternoon to check how he was, having debated coming home all day - and was told that he was much better, but they would keep him quiet for a day or two and see how he went.

I had no phone call Thursday and when I tried the phone was engaged, so assumed no news was good news, phoned Friday and Saturday and was told that he was much better and was weight bearing on the leg, so felt reassured that this was just a bump and he was fine...

Collected him Monday morning, the woman was waiting with him on a lead for me to arrive and immediately brought him out to me. She told me that he occasionally lifted his leg, "like a memory thing" but he was fine and suggested he had had a previous injury to that leg - which of course he had not and I put her straight on....

Took the boys to the park to have a nice walk with them as I always do, let them off lead and within seconds it was apparent that there was a huge problem and I had been told a pack of lies. I watched him for a few minutes just to see if things improved, but they didn;t, so we cut short the walk (that I'd been living for...) and returned home.

Took him to the vets in the afternoon, the vet gave him a thorough examination and Bramble HAS BROKEN HIS LEG. I was told which bone and where - and that this would have been intensely painful when it was done....

He is now at the vets being x-rayed and the leg repaired - am so so worried and gutted....

So please can the little lad have those vibes for a speedy recovery....

He's been so brave and not really complained, and in fact tried to maintain the exocet velocity!!!! ~Though it is obvious this is quite painful...

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
8,268 Posts
OMG!!! I am speechless!!!!!!! 8O 8O

Loads and loads of "Bramble be fixed soon" vibes coming from our way. Poor, poor boy.

Vicki

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{[[Tons of healing vibes for poor Bramble}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}]]]

That is so awful of the kennels I can't believe it went unoticed like that. Poor Bramble must have been in agony.

Have you phoned them Eve and had it out with them? I would be livid. :x

It must be awful for you waiting for Bramble. I am sure that he will be fixed up nicely and back home soon.

Hugs to you and loads of hugs to Bramble, oh and Neo.

·
Registered
45,877 Posts
Hope all goes well with Bramble`s op today Eve and he`s back doing his exocet impressions very soon :)

I still find it unbelieveable that the kennels allowed him to remain in obvious pain, they should have had their vet (assuming they have one) look at him or at least called yours.

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all - I am absolutely livid. I am livid at the lies I was told - if I had had any idea that it was more serious than a bump I'd have been back like a shot...

I am livid that he was left a week nearly with no medical attention...

Meli I have tried phoning them a number of times but funnily enough they aren;t answering the phone (to me anyway...) - whereas before the phone was ALWAYS answered....

I just hope he is going to be ok....

Thanks again

Eve Neo and Bramble

?

·
0 Posts
I do hope it all goes well at the vets today.

I am appaulled at the lack of care given to Bramble and the fact they lied to you. Accidents happen, we all know that but it's how we deal with them afterwards that counts and they completely failed in that department :evil: .

Loads and loads of healing vibes coming Bramble Bums way.....And magical kisses too from his whizzy girlfriend the Pood ~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~X~XX~~X~X~X~

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
OMG Eve!!! 8O 8O 8O Shocked!
Everything crossed it goes well at the vet today and (((((((lots of speedy recovery vibes for Bramble)))))))

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
Oh Eve - how an earth can anyone miss a broken leg 8O .

I hope your vet gets everything sorted for you and Bramble now. Fingers and everything else crossed.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I think a solicitor's letter may be in order here....?

Get well soon Bramble.

·
Administrator
21,019 Posts
I cannot believe any kennel worth it's salt would not have a vet on tap for any problems. Poor Bramble! fingers well crossed here.

Regards, John

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
OMG Eve thats awful, poor bramble. Hope the rest of your trip as successful though.

{{{{{{{{{{{get well Bramble}}}}}}}}}}}}} vibes coming your way x

A

·
0 Posts
OMG thats just awful! 8O 8O You must be so cross!

Sending lots of {{{{{{{{healing vibes}}}}}}}}} for poor Bramble, hope he's home with you soon.

·
Premium Member
14,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you - the vet has just phoned and the break is exactly where he said it was when he examined Bramble on Monday and he is going now to get it sorted.

The good news is that it is not complicated and should resolve perfectly!

However there is some crackling which he isn;t happy about either so he is going to take a look to see if he can sort that out....

My poor wee man!

John - they could ahve taken him to my vets - I'd have paid - to be left with a broken bone... It just devastates me

Well Lorraine - rest of the trip - saw a wonderful house in Alston but needs huge amount of work and restoration... and its listed so I need to think about it.... one of the main attractions is of course that some decent training would be nearby!!!! :D :D

Eve Neo and Bramble

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You should name and shame the kennel Eve!!! They deserve it. :evil:

They should have definitely taken poor Bramble to your Vets. I always thought this was a matter of course if your dog is taken sick whilst in their care. I will definitely double check if and when I put my two in kennels.

Glad to hear that the Vet has phoned with better news.

I bet Bramble will get spoilt rotten when he gets home.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Loads more healing vibes}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hugs to you Eve for all your worry.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
OMG No, Eve that is just terrible, I am so shocked that they left him like that. You poor things.

((Healing vibes)) coming your way for the gorgeous Bramble and hugs for you.

1 - 20 of 357 Posts