Labradors Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took Bradley to the vets today, to have a blood test to find out the antibodies level after his rabies shot one month ago. He was a really good boy, although he didn't like the neede..bless him. :(

The vet said he was the perfect weight, and reassured us that the occasional blood in his stools was probably due to the items he gobbles up along his walks that we don't get their in time to get out his mouth! Usually leaves or grit..the vet said it wont do him any harm. Our hands are still permanently in his mouth taking things out though, lol.

We also asked the vet about a few small spots, almost like a rash, that Bradley has on his legs. It is apparently pressure sores, where Brad lies on hard surfaces. Nothing to worry about, it's the way he flops down when he sleeps! lol

We were also advised to make sure he gets plenty of rest, and short walks.

Exciting trip out for him anyway, he walked around the surgery checking out all the other doggy smells!! :D

Well, thats it, if anyone else has trips to the vets, let us know how you get on, its always interesting to hear how it goes for you.

Regards :wink:

Bradleysmum

·
Registered
129 Posts
HI Bradleysmum pleased he vet trip went ok and nothing wrong with him
also relived that the sores on him re nothing to be concerned with
will post some more pics of suzy and macy soon sadly my digi camera has failed and waiting on the replacement comming

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad to hear that Bradley's doing so well :) .

We had Lucy at the vets last week to be microchipped. The vet is also a black lab owner and gave her a good report except that she's a little overweight (she's 14kg at 15 weeks so she's about 2 kg too heavy) so we've cut down her food a little.

·
Registered
241 Posts
We have had Kane to the vets today. He was itching a lot & we thought it might be fleas so got some Bob Martin flea stuff (Rubbish according to the vet! Fogot to ask what he suggests). The itching hadn't stopped & he has really flaky skin. Yesterday he was rubbing his ears along the wall. I was at work so booked him to see the vet today.

We have now been, Kane must have remembered the last visit for his last jabs as he was fine until we went to go into the vets room. Started backing off. Was ok once he was in & good as gold, bless 8)

The vet has had a look & says that he has a skin infection possibly caused by an allergic reaction. We have some shampoo, some ear drops & some eye drops. Hopefully it will clear him up & if not then the vet said to take him back next week. Apart from that he is fine.

I am just hoping it will clear up but have no idea how I am going to find out what he is allergic to. The vet said it may be something that he comes across when he is out walking....

We will see how he gets on & will keep you posted 8)

·
Registered
124 Posts
We took Yasmin to the vets yesterday, as she had kennel cough.
She had it when she came to us two weeks ago, but we were advised to let it run its course, to see if it got better by itself. It wasn't that much better, so we took her the vets. She started going off her food, so we knew she wasn't 100%.
She was given a jab and a course of tablets to take, which she has started today. She'll be fine in no time at all.... for now, all we have to worry about is keeping her away from other dogs.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have had Kane to the vets today. He was itching a lot & we thought it might be fleas so got some Bob Martin flea stuff (Rubbish according to the vet! Fogot to ask what he suggests). The itching hadn't stopped & he has really flaky skin. Yesterday he was rubbing his ears along the wall. I was at work so booked him to see the vet today.

Hi Kanesdad,

Sorry to hear about Kane's little itching problem, does he has a particular area that he keeps itching, or just generally all over? I hope it clears up, i think labs are prone to skin allergies and have very senstive skin. Bradley went through a stage of scratching himself, especially in the mornings, and i think it was because i was using an antibacterial cleaning agent on the floor he walks on in the motorhome, so i have stopped that, and he has stopped the itching!

I wonder what it could be then, something he encounters on his walks...does he lie or roll around in anything?

Re: Bob Martin flea staff, the vet is right, its pants i'm afraid. I should stick to frontline, its easy to adminster, drops on the back of their necks. Protects them from most things, and is well recommended.

Hope he gets on alright, let us know how he gets on at his next trip to the vet.

Bye for now

Bradleysmum :)

P.S Bob Martin wormers are just as bad, Drontal is very good. :wink:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Rubber_Soul,

She was given a jab and a course of tablets to take, which she has started today. She'll be fine in no time at all.... for now, all we have to worry about is keeping her away from other dogs.
Seems like all our little pups are in and out of the vets at the moment, sorry to here about Yasmin and her kennel cough, i hope she feels better real soon.

Bradleysmum :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Oliver loves the vets. To him its mega exciting, loads of stuff to smell and lick. When Ol was 12 weeks he became lame, on one of his right leg. The vet said said that he had sprained his wrist, which was probably due to sliding around on the tiled floor in my mums kitchen (Bambi on ice springs to mind !! ). We discovered this as he kept holding up his paw, when it was sore. A couple of weeks passed and the same thing happened again., and again. He was examined four times and the vet thought there was nothing wrong with him. The vet suggested that as he recieved loads of fuss and attention the first time by holding up his right paw, then repeating this to his concerned mummy would get him more attention.
Two years on if he's had a little telling off, or feels left out (especially when I'm on the phone) he trots up to me or his Dad, gives us the cutest saddest face, and presents us with his paw.

They are so smart.
x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts